1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hazy Eye sight

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by butcher, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butcher

butcher Member

Anyone having trouble shooting with hazy vision? It looks like humidity is in the air when it isn't.

2. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

You should see an eye Dr, that sounds like my friend that has glaucoma. You only get 1 set of eyes, take good care of them..Joe

3. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Charger, had the samething happen to me. Started bout 2yrs ago. Doc said cataracs. After talking to fellows on here I had implants put in when removing the cataracs. No more glassed and no more cataracs. I have 20/20. I have wore glasses since the 8th grade. Implants are not that expensive. Quick about 10 min. per eye and cost for the implants are about the same a lasik. I can't believe the results. Bill

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Yep. Been fighting it since 2005. It took seven visits to different eye doctors before the condition was diagnosed as Post Vitreous Detachment (PVD). It is a peeling of the lining of the eyeball and sometimes blinking the eye or shaking the head can clear it temporarily. There is a surgical procedure to correct it but it comes with a 30% chance of blindness.

It can also cause the image being looked at to be refracted. Targets are not exactly where they appear to be - you can think you are too far ahead of an angle but break the back end off of it or too high on one and chip its bottom or think you are right on one and miss it completely. You can also think you horribly mispointed one and reduce it to dust but the other scenarios are more common, unfortunately. The condition took me from Class AAA to partying when I stay in the 90s at singles.

Your doctors will probably prescribe Restasis and other prescription eye drops to control the dry eye condition that PVD can cause. Been there, done that and my eyes still discharge a fluid - watery from the left and greasy from the right. An allegist currently has me using an anti-allergy eye drop in the right one.

I hope I'm wrong in your case and the other guys are right. Good luck!

Ed

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Roger, That's scary. I just had cataract surgery on my right eye 6 weeks ago. I sent Ed a PM regarding his experience. Sometimes you see good and sometimes you don't. Oh well, keep trying and enjoy my friend.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Hey Rog C. Do you hear cowbells when you shake your head? d:eek:)

7. moose!!!

moose!!! Member

"I printed your post and I will take it to my Dr. asap."

Roger I would print the post and get a "NEW Dr." That may help even more

8. perga1

perga1 Active Member

My experience is the same as Average Ed except for the AAA part. JRM

9. jhummell

jhummell Member

Ed.
    You have the same problem as me, I had retinal detachment, big cloud keeps floating around in the right eye, and yes right after I call for a target what a bummer. All you guys that have good vision with out all the flack in your eyes consider you selves fortunate and thank god you can still shoot.

Jon

10. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The link for my favorite source for all medical questions is shown above. I have a problem with eye floaters and the article makes it sound like PVD as Ed described is a fairly common age related thing. I have no plans for floater only vitrectomy surgery even if I could find an Opthalmologist in my area who would be willing to perform the surgery.

11. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

miketmx, My DR. asked if the floaters bothered me, to which I replied no. I don't think I have them bad-yet. If you think we have vision problems, I came across a middle aged lady yesterday in a crowd with her seeing eye dog. Makes you feel pretty well Blessed that we can still shoot, joke, and enjoy what we do. Enjoy it while we can, Bob

12. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Any link to shooting?

ie recoil, even low, knocking the vitreous humor and pulling the retina?

Do you get flashes of light when you shift you r vision?

sparks or rings of light?

I think Avg Ed hit your nail, and many others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.