1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hazmat Fee ???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Ross, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Been wondering, do gun dealers--ammo--component sales vendors-- etc. pay the Hazmat fee to get primers, powder, etc. shipped from mfg. to their place of business?? If so how do they bring semi loads to major shoots ( do they have hazmat license) and how much can be shipped for 1 hazmat fee? Could they legally pick-up these components--shells etc. in their own private truck directly from mfg. without the fee or is this some sort of D.O.T. regulation?? I know that many commodities require this fee, just curious. I probably should already know the answers but I don't. Ross Puls

2. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

The dealers who have a lot of stuff have received it in large quanties and only paid a small trucking fee to the company or dist. There is no way any dealer could afford to use the Haz-mat fee option.

3. james25889

james25889 Member

Grafs told me they would ship 45,000 pistol primers for one haz mat charge.

4. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

you can as a SMALL guy dont need to pay hazmat. say you went to Graf you can get any thing you want "except black powder" no fee if you dont have DOT truck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.