1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HAWG STIK Lures: Anyone Know who makes them?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bobby ward, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobby ward

bobby ward Member

Hi,

My stepson is trying to find thistopwater stick bait for use in Arkansas this fall. I have googled and cannot find the manufacturer and a search of Bass Pro Shops found nothing. Personally I like the Zara Spook and a couple of others but he has it in his mind that ONLY Hawg Stiks will do.

Thanks!

2. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Bobbie:

Try EBAY. Here is a link but hurry:

http://search.ebay.com/hawg-sticks_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQpqryZHawgQ20Stiks

I love top waters especially the dual spinner injured minnow types. My favorite is the Neal Spinner. These were last made in Columbus, Indiana in the 1960's.

I currently have 5 or 6 but my only source is EBAY. They are now collector’s items. I usually pay about $20 each but had to go to $46 to get one in like new condition in the size and color I wanted.

Here is a link to a Neal I am bidding on at present:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-WOOD-NEAL-SPINNER-FISHING-LURES-W-BOX-GREEN_W0QQitemZ160217069067QQihZ006QQcategoryZ794QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I do not collect fishing lures. When you find a lure that really produces you just have to have it.

I like the Heddon Zara Spook for "walking the dog". This retrieve is a lot of work but it can produce a really big fish. My brother caught a 6 1/2 pound Smallmouth Bass with it on Gun Lake, Michigan with it about 4 years ago. After a picture, he put the fish back.

Good Luck,

Ed Ward

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

neal spinner fishing lure