1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

!! HAWAII T. A. Honors Bill & Ruthie Hunter !!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by scarecrow, Jul 9, 2013.

1. scarecrow

scarecrow TS Member

Bill & Ruthie Hunter have been honored by the Great State of Hawaii. At the Hawaii State Trap Shoot a "Thank You " certificate was signed by ALL particapants, framed and mailed to Bill & Ruthie Hunter of Carson, Ca.
    Hawaii is one of growing number of states and Canadian Provinces that have honered Bill and Ruthie Hunter. If you do not know what the Hunters have done for the sport of Trap Shooting just ask someone thats been in this game for awhile and you will understand why the Hunters are continually receiving honors . J.R. Long

2. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Well sundance, please proceed to fill in us with lesser knowledge, thanks. Scott

3. scarecrow

scarecrow TS Member

Well Scott Glad you ask. Just from my knowledge thru conversations with Bill and others: For fifteen (15) consecutative years Bill & Ruthie donated two (2) life memberships to all fifty (50) states and I believe the Canadian Provinces, to be awarded at their State Shoot. If my math is correct thats approx. 300 + (three hundred plus) life memberships in the A.T.A. Bought the Silver Seitz that was donated for H.O.F. acution at the Grand many years ago, shot it for several years then had it completley reconditioned and donated it to the H.O.F. and was raffled off. Purchase price was $18,500.00 plus raffle sales were $35,000.00 I believe so total H.O.F. donation $ 53,500.00 if my math is correct. Has donated trophies for so many shoots I could no list them all, always donates to completed carrers as well as full page ads in programs all over the county. Supports Clubs and shoots such as Heartland Grand, etc... I think Bill purchases about $2,000.00 to $3,000.00 dollars a month in trophies to donate for prises. I was told so this may not be correct that Bill & Ruthie subsidized the Average Book for a number of years ,always wondered why it was only $ 6.00 back in the day. This is just a few of the things I know of. Bill does not like to brag. Hope this answers your question. J.R.

4. white rattler

white rattler Member

I am proud to call Bill Hunter a friend of mine. Trevor Dawe.

5. ShotStop

ShotStop Dedicatedto keeping gun clubs open and shooting.

Bill and Ruthie Hunter are two of the best people you could ever hope to meet. Bill doubtlessly will hold the all time record for being inducted into state HOFs. He has a wall in his office covered with HOF resolutions and certificates. He always supported the shoots that we ran at NHSC and our Las Vegas 1000 shoot with silver dollar money clips and necklaces with each coming with a $20.00.

My best and most cherished trap trophy is the Hunter money clip I won the day I shot a 200 at Redlands.

Bill turned 90 this year but still goes into the office every day. He is an absolute joy to spend time with and the game is much better because of his efforts and generosity. While few people have the financial ability to support trap shooting to Bill's level we all should have the capacity to treat each other with the respect and camaraderie that Bill has displayed over the years.

Jim Tyner

6. scarecrow

scarecrow TS Member

OK My math was not correct. THAT WOULD BE 1500 PLUS Life Memberships. Not 300 plus, but 1500 Plus !!! J.R.

7. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

Great Folks.My son was on the receiving end of one of the Life Memberships many years ago when Jerry Racke was ATA president.They are also in the KY. Hall of Fame.

Terry Dean

8. scarecrow

scarecrow TS Member

O just remembered. For a large number of years Bill & Ruthie donated 20 life memberships to be awarded at the Grand !!! The list is endless. J.R. Long