1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

having trouble releasing my release

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by pj 999, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Been shooting with release trigger a couple of months now and just can't seem to get the hang of it. Had other shooters shoot gun to see how trigger feels for them all said it seemed fine. When I shoot I just can't seem to release trigger. Doesn't happen every shot but quite often. Any ideas or anybody had this problem. Shooting light loads. Handicap (24 yds) seems worse than singles. Triggers are set at 80 and 32. Also can't seem to get any good timing on releasing the trigger.Thanks in advance!

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

How much finger do you use ? Also when do you set you trigger. E-mail me

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Put in a snap cap and practice your set, swing and release on live targets while a buddy or two are shooting practice rounds. Just track and release when you are ready but you will find that you are releasing just about the time your buddy is blowing up the target. Also, I find that holding the trigger pretty tight helps with my timing.

You will be amazed at how easy it is to see and track the target when you don't actually fire the gun. This is a good practice routine for pull trigger shooters as well.

4. geneleroy

geneleroy TS Member

I had this problem and cured it by adding a 1/2 inch length to the stock. I don't know why this worked but for me it did!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.