1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Having problem with browning 525 ejector sticking

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pull & Mark, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I was at the range shooting today and noticed the bottom ejector was hanging up only sometimes when closing the gun with or without a shell in the barrel. After I got home and cleaned the gun, I found that ejector was hanging up on barrel (right side for bottom). The left side works great, nice a smooth but the piece on top of ejector that fits into the reciever was sticking pretty good. I placed some 3 in l type oil into it, in several place and it is working much better. It is still not a smooth as the left side. I think I need to remove both pieces the ejector that kicks the shell out and the piece over it that fits into the reciever and clean old greese and re-greese with new. I do not know how to remove these two pieces. Is it something I can do myself, with a special tool. Or is it something I need a gunsmith for. Thank You in advance for any and all help. Oh, almost forgot. The exjector was kicking the shells out fine. Break-em all. Jeff

2. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

The ejectors are held in place by a small screw. With the barrels off the receiver, pull the ejector to the rear with your fingers. Then look down in that hole on the side of the ejector and see the small screw that needs to be removed. Once removed, the ejectors should slide right out.

Easystreet

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Thank You Easystreet, I justed looked, and had to pull them all the way out and now see it below a hole in the side of the outer piece that fits into the reciever. I don't have the right slotted screwdriver for it yet, but I will. I'm glad it appears easy to fix, I hope. Do you think that there is Lock-tite on the treads of these type of screws, or not. Break-em all. Jeff

4. Easystreet

I don't recall if it had Lock-Tite on it or not since it has been several years since I removed the ejectors on my XT. Just be sure to use a screwdriver that fits so you don't bugger up the head of the screw.

Easystreet

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

mine was tight tight tight. absolute must to use the correct screw bit. I used a precision mini screw driver. fit was perfect. I find it best to file a bit until it fits correctly. Even with the master bit set from brownells I still find myself customizing bits to fit.

6. Easystreet

Generous use of penetrating oil about 30 minutes before removal might make things easier.

Easystreet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning 525 ejector

browning 525 ejector removal
browning 525 ejector wont lift shell
browning ejector problem
brwning ejector sticking
how to remove browning525 ejectors