1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Having problem seeing target at times

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I have noticed lately at times I am not seeing the target properly, normally
    I see the target very well, then at times I don't see it properly and miss the target. Maybe I am not concentarting enough or force of habit of just swinging to the target and hoping it will break.

I am 67 years old and have 20/10 corrected vision, this seems to happen more in cold temperatures, maybe it is caused by water tearing in my eyes causing the problem.

Today my partner and I won every buddy shoot we shot, temperature was 75 degrees, a little windy.

I shot with several partners and we won outright with 10s and twice we won long
    range shootoffs.

When I am looking for the target I don't feel my eyes are working correctly to put it in laymens terms. Bllod pressure and blood sugar is and was OK.

It's a weird feeling not seeing what I want to see.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Have you had a diabetic eye exam recently. About our age is when cataracts start forming. Bulge

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

That and overcast skys will kill my vision. The dry eye is helped with Systane eye drops; you can get that at pharmacy areas in various stores. That will assist in the watering of eyes in the light breezes - another bugaboo for me.......breakemall....Bob Dodd

4. Dr.Longshot

I have been taking Ocuvite for about 5 years also and I have not noticed any decline in vision, on cold windy days my eyes water when the wind is behind my glasses.

I think it is lack of concentration at times.

Gary

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Varying your lens color could help.

One really good test is to just watch targts from just behind and beside a shooter. (watch a full squad 125 targets) If you can see all of them with out a gun it's not vision. It's something else like looking in the wrong place.

Joe

6. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Gary, How are you fixed for floaters? Driving me nuts intermittently. I'm 67.

7. Bridger

Bridger Member

I'm having trouble too but its all orange targets on bright sunny days that cause my problems. The target seems blurry at times. I have poor eye sight and had a recent exam so am using the correct prescription. I am thinking of trying Rangers CMT lenses. Overcast days I do much better.

8. Dr.Longshot

Bridger I have the CMT lenses they are not good on overcast days, they work great on sunny days and boy do they put a darker tan on women. I could not believe the tan it put on them and also how it makes the wood on guns look better.

But if you are shooting and a cloud comes over target recognition goes down, at least it does for me. Otherwise they are very good lenses.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

9. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

My eyes get tired after a while and start having a slower reaction picking up targets. After I get warm, I try not looking at everyone elses targets while they shoot. Seems to tire my eyes after a while. works better for me...??

10. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

"Bridger I have the CMT lenses they are not good on overcast days, they work great on sunny days and boy do they put a darker tan on women. I could not believe the tan it put on them and also how it makes the wood on guns look better."

no wonder you can't see the birds.......your looking at the weomen!!!! lol

tony

11. Southpaw Sam

Southpaw Sam Member

I have to believe Phil Kiner's Eye Improvement video has helped me--anyone here have the opportunity to see or 'use' his eye training video?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.