1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Having fun with tele-marketers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim101, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

I thought this was hilarious. Going to have to remember this for the next time one calls. Especially when your doing something important like studying the new trap and field or shotgun sports publications. Jim

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://img.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Jim45/VIDEO/Get_your_own_back_on_call_centre-1.flv">

2. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

I tell them to hang on for a second the put the phone down and walk away.

I then got on the "Do not call list" and no telemarketers call.

I also have caller ID and if I don't know the number, i usually don't answer it.

3. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

You just can't beat Bob and Tom in the morning. If I don't recognize the number on the caller ID and it is telemarketer season, I answer the phone as "Sheriffs Office." You generally hear the little click soon after. You can also interrogate them to the point that the supervisor will come on the line and the fun really begins. Hate'em. Most attempt to prey upon the elderly who are lonely.

4. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

My best one is to tell them to call back when I am not at Home. Then hang up.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Just say, "Yeah, that's EXACTLY what I've been wanting. I'd like to know....(then crinkle some paper to make static while garbling your voice, and hang up). If they call back, alter your voice and tell them you're not interested. If they ask if they just talked to you sa, no, you must have a wrong number.

6. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Trappy PM me your e-mail and I will send it to ya. I don't have a link.

Jim

7. bayrat

bayrat TS Member

The one thing you want to be VERY, VERY careful to NOT do is EVER say the word "YES". Such as: "Is this Mr. Smith", and you answer: "YES". The telemarketers will record that "yes" and will use that as an authorization to change your phone service, send you merchandise, sign you up for a subscription, etc. Then when you call back and insist that you never ordered the item/subscription they will play back you saying "yes" and VOILA, you're hooked! Happened to me with a long distance service scam. Took forever to get it corrected. I turned them in to the BBB, Chamber of Commerce, FCC and anyone else of whom I could think.

Best way to respond to "Is this Mr. Smith?" is to say "Speaking". That screws up their little plan.

So, if you want to banter about with them, go ahead. But, be very careful how you respond to their questions.

Erol Tucker - The Bayrat
    POC, TX

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I've been known to tell them I'm really tied up at the moment but if they'll give me their phone number at home I could call back when it's convenient to me. That's usually good for a stutter or two. Then, when we listed our phone but only using the first letter of my first name, I get a lot of asking for names that start with the same letter but not mine. I just firmly say, no, there's no XXXX here and hang up. The latest is recorded messages and an offer to remove our number from the call list if we press #2 or whatever. I'm sure that guarantees more calls cuz it sure doesn't stop them......Bob Dodd

9. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Just slap your leg real hard and say" Don't you do that again you little 'Ba****d" or you will really get it!! He he they will jsut hang up. Bill

10. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Just hang up!

Morgan

11. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

Sometimes I'll just listen to their "spiel" and then ask them if they take credit cards. Usually they quickly respond with, "Oh we sure do, sir!" Then I say, "Well, if I ever become interested, I'll try to remember that you take credit cards". Then I just hang up. MY BAD .....Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.