1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Having fun at the club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by short shucker, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Yesterday I pulled a dandy on one of the newer shooters at my local haunt.

I was doing a bit of handicap practice yesterday trying to final tune the comb. When I got it set, I was shooting absolutely lights out. Even my normal mates were remarking on the quality of my breaks.

Our last round we invited one of the newer shooters (quite a good shot in his own right) to fill out our squad. When we were done with the round, the new shooter remarked that he was watching me shoot in between shots. he wanted to know what shell I was shooting because of the lack of observed recoil and report.

I went on to feed the shooter a line of BS about it being a new 3dr reload I was trying out. He politely asked if he could try a few. I obliged him and handed him 5 shells to try out while the trap was empty.

The shooter stands confidently on post 3 at the 27 and calls for the target, miss. He reloads and again calls for another target, miss. He turns back and looks at us perplexed. The shooter moves forward to the 25 and again calls for a target. A quartering left that he manages to chip. Acting like he's got it figured out he returns to the 27 and post 4.

By this time I let my buddies in on the gag. I handed the shooter 5 of my 7/8 oz 9's that are 1180 fps (my 12ga skeet shell).

The new shooter proceeds to miss the last two targets and comes back all broken down. He remarked at how soft the shells felt and couldn't figure out why he couldn't break the targets. I told him that maybe he needed to practice a little more, and his stance needed a little work as well.

My buddies had to leave the area while I was talking to the shooter as not to give anything away. They were about to die laughing.

Later on I let the new shooter in on the gag and invited him to shoot with us anytime. He accepted and said that he's stick with his own shells.

It was all in fun and everybody smiled.

2. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu TS Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Now that is funny! I could see some of the older guys at West Penn doing the same thing!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.