1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Having a slick slide installed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Trap2, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Redding, California
    I sent my Db-81 combo to Carey Hoffman to have some stock work done on it. The stock is a MX-2000 stock and is a little low in the comb to get the proper sight picture. I have asked Carey to build up the comb to the right height, and install a slick slide system in it for me since my rotator cuff is starting to feel the damage of thousands of rounds of loads put through my various guns. I don't seem to feel the effects of recoil when shooting my Clyde Slydes, so it's time to switch. Normally, I have Clyde Cameron do this work for me, but, Carey seemed to really be excited about doing the comb work, which Clyde shys away from. Carey's turn around time also is much better than Clydes at this time, and I'm pushed for time to get it back for an upcoming shoot. Carey said he will build up the comb using grafted wood and some bondo to get it the way I want it. I'm left handed, and wanted to save the factory Perazzi semi rollover left hand comb I bought from Ricky Marshall, and build the comb using this as a base. When I get it back, I will post pictures of how it turned out for those of you to see. I asked that he return it to me "in the ruff" so I can tweak it to the way I want it, and then I will paint it with black epoxy to finish it off. I also requested he retain the Jones pad adjuster and the Kick-eez model 400 modified trap pad that is currently on the gun so I can keep the adjustmens as I want them. Carey indicated he would have the gun back to me by October 16th, if possible, so I can shoot it that weekend. I'll keep posting as the work progresses so you can see the results for your self. Total cost to rebuild the comb to my specs, install the slick slide, and return freight is $415.00. Now, that's what I call a bargain...... Dan Thome (Trap2)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.