1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Having a gun engraved

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Gabe, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabe

Gabe Member

I know some of you have had guns engraved by different people and was wondering if you would be kind enough to give me any recommendations on who you would get to do it. Any tips and advice would be appreciated. I plan on having a Model 32 Krieghoff done with some custom wood and then thought about having the reciever case colored. I figure it would be a good project for the rest of the winter. Thanks. Gabe

2. B.C.

B.C. Member

Ken Hurst is in the middle of doing mine, I'll send you some pics if you would like ! B.C.
    <br><a href="http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a32/wvfc/?action=view&current=Buffalo.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <br>
    <a href="http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a32/wvfc/?action=view&current=hoodK80.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

3. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Bill Maines

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Like this ? Jeff

5. JOND

JOND TS Member

Bill Mains! JOND

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Either....

7. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

I gave mains a standard K-32 and make it like a blued gold superscroll. Only the engraving is finer. Better than I expected. I thought it was a real bargin.

8. shootgood

shootgood Member

Gabe, I have had a few different pistols engraved by Jeff Flannery and he is engraving a Colt Single Action at this time (he specializes in single actions). He does great work and is a super guy. All of the guys mentioned above do fantastic work also, just wanted to give you another option. Jeff's phone # is 1-859-384-3127, he is located in Kentucky. Best of luck--Gary Anders--Shoot good

9. gold40

gold40 Member

While I know there are no limits, what does a "typical" engraving job cost?

10. Gabe

Gabe Member

Thanks Guys, appreciate the answers and pictures.

11. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Bill Maines has done 4 Mod 21's and 3 P-guns for myself and friends. Great work at a fair price.

12. englishupland

englishupland Member

Joe Rundell leaves near me but I think is in Florida for the winter..World class engraver..Krieghoff had him do an award winning piece..Metal guy from General Motors...Anyhow, I'm going to try to get ahold of hime in the coming weeks to get the barrels done on the double rifle..I'll see if he has a "price sheet"

13. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

2 good friends of mine Bill Mains ans Kurt Horvath. Bill is producing the best work of his career now and has an amazing work ethic. He will not stop till the job is done. Truly a fine gentleman
    Horvath is an amazing artist that is limited only by your imagination. Ive spent hours looking through a loop at some of his remarkable work saying WOW. I dont know bills site offhand. I think Kurts is www.KGUNS.com. Todd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.