1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Haven't fired a shot since 2007

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by XTFreak, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XTFreak

XTFreak TS Member

Haven

I got the itch again ... I think it's time to get out the BT99. I got really soured on the entire deal when the ATA moved to Sparta and various other local shoots closed down. It sounds like my club (Harrison Gun Club - Harrison, OH) has become a local hot spot to shoot at. See you boys at the club. Hopefully some of the old faces from the past will be down there.

Now I need to get past the shock of $10 a box shells.

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Don't you have a local Walmart?? You shouldn't have to spend $10 for shells.

Don

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

As per Big Don check around a little--Dicks--Bass Pro--Academy Sports--etc. you can usually find promo loads in the $5.00 to $6.00 range, if you still have your loader and use a 7\8 or 1oz. you can get down around $4.00 a box. Welcome back--enjoy.--Ross

4. gunut54

gunut54 TS Member

man.....you got it beat.....why start again???

5. federal paper

federal paper TS Member

As you are in Ohio I would suggest you contact Roger brenner for your shell and or loading needs.Just about anybody from Ohio would have contact info for him. Havenever heard of anyone that deals with him that was not pleased.

6. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

In addition to looking at Wal-Mart and others for shells, buy the shells by the flat and not the box. There sometimes is a big difference.

7. moose!!!

moose!!! Member

Sense 2007 I was off it sense 1976 till I got my family raised retired from my job. A lot had changed did not even know there was such a thing as sporting clays. My first time out I was not even shooting yet, just visiting gun clubs to see if I liked the people. I happen to be watching a group shooting and OMG the birds every now and then were flying only a few feet off the ground I had never seen these angles in trap shooting. Then I found out it was what they called wobble trap another new addition. I’m sure even things have changed sense 2007. You say 14,000 on gun(s) you should have no reason to ever miss a bird LOL. Good luck and hope to see you around the fields.

8. rrose

rrose TS Member

xt, I have not shot a round in 3 years but am going back this year. I have been using my wall chart now and getting ready to set up my press again to load some shells. Have my Cynergy and just got a lnib 1100 clasic trap so I am anxious to fire it up. I live close to Harrisburg and maybe will run into you there. good luck
    randy

9. kaferhaus

kaferhaus TS Member

I laid off much longer than 7 years.... what shocked me was that within 10-12 rounds of skeet I was right back at my 24 average that I had when I quit....

Seems it's like riding a bike... might be a bit wobbly at first but you're soon back in the saddle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.