1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you seen this done?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

At some buddy shoots in Bucyrus Ohio a guy loads up a shell with Red Dot powder
    lots of it don't know if he puts a wad in it or not, but when he shoots it. it makes one HELL of BOOM lots of SMOKE.

A friend of mine tried it but wanted to break the bird and put a little bit of shot in it, and the results looked like the KX-5 blow up, the rib went about 20 ft in the air, the top of the Bbl peeled up and back or should say forward, he did this on a custom 3200, un-single, destroyed the gun, peppered his face w/powder burns, and cut his hand, blew his cap off, and he said never again am I going to try that.

This was not done at Bucyrus, but Hilltop Gun Club.

He was very lucky, I saw it happen, could have killed him or someone else.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Was that done right after he said "hold my beer and watch this"? Another candidate for the Darwin list.

Eric

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I have never seen this done .
    But then I don,t shoot with idiots alot.

4. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I won't even use a shell some of the clowns at games offer......they pride themselves on who has the best parking lot load!!!!

tony

5. warren

warren Member

I bet he's a democrat

warren

6. Dr.Longshot

I think it was Obamma's shell.

RICK N this one was for you!!

You see some stupid things done, thought I would post this one.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

The big smokey boomers are made with black powder, not smokeless.

8. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Someone should convince the guy never to give up trying to succeed. That's how Alfred Nobel invented dynamite, he was not a whimp.

9. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I have seen the old paper shells with black power boooom and the old wads float out like confette, but I asked him not to shoot those next to me ever again.

I have way down loaded for the Mrs. But a show is definately not worth peoples safety and if he admitted to it in front of an officer of my club he'd been ask to leave.

Jerry

10. whopper1

whopper1 Member

Yes, I have seen it done and have also shot one myself. Was the guys name that did it successfully frank or Al? The load calls for a full hull of red dot-no wad or shot. Crimp it down like an ordinary shell. When it goes off it is quite loud but surprisingly has no kick. By the way, i dont condone it.

Dave

11. Dr.Longshot

12. whopper1

whopper1 Member

Thats the same guy that handed me a shell and said here try this. We were at a different club in N.E. Ohio. Im tellin ya, when that thing went off it got some attention but there was very little recoil.

Dave

13. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

NO.. what you are talking about they call popper loads for training a dog... It is NOT a hull full of powder.. More like 25 grains of 700X.with a few fiber and card wads heavily crimped... NOT a hull full.. and definately NO lead..

14. whopper1

whopper1 Member

Sorry, Straight from the guy that made the load-a full hull of red dot, winchester primer, no wad, no lead.
    Not saying your load wont accomplish the same thing only that I personally know Frank and he told me what was in the shell.

Dave

15. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

25 grs. of 700X is quite a heavy load. I've never loaded anymore than 20 grs. which is a 1250 fps handicap load.

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.