1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you noticed?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by W.R.Buchanan, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Have you noticed, how when people are trying to sell stuff on here and they don't put a picture of the item up for people to look at, that usually the thing doesn't sell? And it just vanishes down into the pile.

Have you noticed that when people put up a picture of something good it sells almost instantly? Also have you noticed that other people keep the item TTT when there are pics. That usually doesn't happen with no pics.

I personally get disappointed when I see something for sale that I might be interested in and then find there's no picture of the item.

I usually, no,,, I always,,, hit the back button and move on.

I actually want to see what I might be buying. Hell I might not even need it but a good pic might sell it to me anyway. I might just tell a friend about it and he might buy it.

Just a thought for Tuesday night.

Randy

2. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Or how about when they post they will send you pictures if you request them.

Granted there are those who are not technically skilled and have trouble adding photos, even though it is pretty much cut and dry on how to upload to this site.

But I completely agree without photos it definitely hinders the ability to sell an item.

Bryan

3. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

This is the easiest site to load pics into I have ever been on.

I do it all the time just to show off. In fact I loaded pics of my Dillon SD onto a thread about reloading just tonite.

People like it!

One picture is worth a thousand words,,,,Really

Randy

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Very true. With modern technology, its just about as easy to post pics up here as it is to send them through email (if you do photobucket, its just a matter of highlighting a different set of links and copy/pasting them the same way you would into an email), and you don't have tons of emails to have to respond to that are simply requests for pics. There have been plenty of times where i've clicked on a thread, with just the vaguest of interest in something, that I ended up buying the item because I thought "hmm, that might be neat". Also just plain enjoying seeing pics of nice stuff (guns, gear, ect), which I wouldn't bother the seller with pic requests for something I have no real intention of buying.

I generally find it quicker to use photobucket when I have multiple pics to post, it seems to take me longer to try and upload them one at a time through the site, if I only have one pic, I'll just upload it here.

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Just attach this every time a thread has no pictures.

Curt

[​IMG]

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I used to sell a lot of things on Ebay and you quickly learn how to market your merchandise. It takes these things. Good photos, honest clear description of good merchandise ( not junk) and good feedback from previous sales. If you watch Mia, acss, Bad303, MLcameron, Josh Lovejoy and some others on here, thats their success. If you sell something, the most important thing is that the buyer be happy. The money will come later with good feedback and proper merchandising. Price is not always the most important thing to a buyer. When a seller posts without good photos and a price, they just wasted their time

7. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

This site is the easiest to put a pic on. Just click the Insert/Upload Image link and follow the instructions. What could be easier?
    [​IMG]

I agree with this sentiment. So many are willing to send pics via email, but won't post it in the advertisement. That makes no sense to me. Are they really that lazy? And, if they would post them in the ad, they would only have to do it once rather than send them to 100 people through email.

8. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

No they're not lazy. They know how to attach a picture in an email but not on here and won't admit it.

Eric

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

There really is no excuse for it. There are many people on here willing to do it for them

10. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

True, unless they want to collect email addresses of those interested so the seller can keep asking if they're still interested.

Eric

11. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Gosh lets keep this thread going maybe some of the people we are talking about will read it and get the idea?? Ya think??? So far the only ones who have posted are the ones who do post pictures. Here's a pic of my Pristine 1964 A5 with Modified and Full choke barrels. It's not for sale, but I thought you might like to see a perfect one anyway!

It took me longer to pick out a picture to post, than to actually post it.

Randy

[​IMG]

12. ouch

ouch Member

Not everyone is lazy or ? I do not own a digital camera. Many of my fellow club members do not have a computer. If I post something for sale here (rare) it is just a good will jester to the t.s.com. community.

A lot of us really old people know what an STS hull or 870 stock look like. A custom stock or something rare maybe different. As for seeing a picture making people want to purchase something they don't need, I think is the cause of buyer remorse. Richard

13. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Well.. I don't need a picture of a choketube.. and from the right seller..i'd buy a set of barrels..(with all measurements provided).. without a picture..Even some receivers like a MX2000 receiver.. Like new.. bluing 99%..serial number 139xxx.. used the barrels on a project.. probably less than 2000 rounds thru it.. I promise you.. I don't need a picture.. MX8 receiver..cat3 excellent condition.. YEP.. I need a photo.. MIA..myself and others will cheerfully put pictures up for any of you when we have the time..Pictures DO help sell a product.. Like the really good looking girl in the booth in the back of a resturant.. If she doesn't stand up.. she doesn't stand out.. All Good.. Mike

14. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I can see that there are memebers on this forum who have a lot of respect and trust amongst the forum. However, if anyone is selling a gun that I am thinking about spending thousands of dollars on I want to see pictures. I don't want to have to go through an email and then wait for one to come through. Granted once the deal is pending I would like large pictures emailed to me. If someone was to post two identical items for sale and one had pictures and the other did not I would gravitate towards the one with pictures.

Bryan

15. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I don't need a pic of a choke tube to buy/sell a choke tube.....for anything else, I put a pic up to sell.

16. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

I understand that a lot of shooters are not computer literate and are somewhat intimidated by forums like this. I have posted hundreds of pics for people and will continue to do so. I'm more than happy to help out where I can.

The ones that bug me are the ones who say they'll send pics by email, but won't post a single pic here.

If you're reading this and you say your not lazy, but still don't know how to post a pic, click on the link above that says Insert/Upload Image. Follow the instructions. If you still can't figure it out, I'll be more than happy to help you.

17. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

This is, for the most part, a "guy" site. Guys are visual. That is how God made them (and for a very nice reason). Thus, pictures are very important to stimulate a guy.
    Mike

18. neofight

neofight TS Member

Hey, if i, as a geezer with a techno-score well below .287 can post a photo, so can you. Don't be afraid to ask for help. I took a quantum leap into the 21st century last month, i bought a cell phone! Above this text, as i was typing, was in bold type:"Insert/Upload Image". You are only a couple keystrokes away.
    [​IMG]

19. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Darn it, thought I was posting a pic of a gun. Can't figger this thing out. Now look what I dun went and did.
    [​IMG]

well thats a family portrait

20. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

You guys are hard men! Hell, I can't even send via email let alone post on here! That is why I have not bothered selling International Redfield rear sights, Olympic globe front sights from a 52D, the 52D itself with 16x Unertyl, 2 sets of Foggles shooting glasses, cases, 3 or four sets of lens, etc, etc! Not even mentioning Harris bipods, Leupold binoculars, and the list goes on and on besides numerous rifle and pistol powders etc! Tom Rhoads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.