1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you Guys used one of the Bolt releases?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by johnjjk, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnjjk

johnjjk Member

After about 10 rounds on my Beretta Urika, 391 Parallel my thumb would hurt. I ordered the quick bolt release from Beretta and it's a joy.

If you need a shell catcher (I got one after an ejected shell hit the guy next to me on the trap line) TS makes one with a shell catcher/quick bold release.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

All those mentioned are very good. For a more economical approach, try the carey closer. I use one and it works fine. In fact I think it is easier to find but not as pretty

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I'll second the Angleport model. Easy to install, like Pat said, and looks nice on the gun.

I know Devault Industries makes one as well. I have no personal experience with that model, but I'm sure it's a dandy.

ss

4. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Tron installed two of them on my 391 and 390. Easy to close with your pinky. Before that, my youngest boy could not close the bolt after 25 rounds due to a sore thumb.

Problem solved.

[​IMG]

Jerbear

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

tarheel,

That would be correct. If you plan on shooting doubles with your Beretta, send the barrel to tron and have him put a spotweld on it to drop the empties at your feet.

ss

6. samiam03

samiam03 Member

I use the TS shell catcher on my 391 and it works great. Most I've ever paid for a smal piece of plastic.

Sam

7. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

I use the Briley Bolt Closer and a TS Shell Catcher for singles..I shoot in O/U for Doubles (when I shoot at them)....LB

8. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

I've got the DeVault on my 303. Fits very well, but after my last poor round of sporting, I kind of abruptly switched hands with the gun like I would do without the release and my front finger of my left hand hit the release and my finger next to my pinky was inside the breach. Needless to say, the ejector ended up embedded under my finger nail which made for a painful finish to that round. Some are inherently difficult to close, others are easy as was my 303. Did I mention, mine closes super easy! If you have an easy closing one, I wouldn't recommend it. But, if your a dedicated trap shooter, your not shooting a few rounds and moving on or switching hands to put the gun in the rack in between each station.

9. samiam03

samiam03 Member

Is this the release you're referring too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

carey bolt closer for sale