1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Have You Ever

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by TEXASZEPHYR, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Us Texas boys aren't used to snow, but today we gots some of the stuff and I wuz thinkin. What if I fired up the ole Honda 4-wheeler, got one of my waterski tow ropes and, I got a pair of k-2 beater ski's. Can yu guys smell the smoke yet? Ski areas just opened in the great S/W but i gots some white stuff right here. I'll let you knw how it works out.

BTW, we've done similiar things in bar ditches after a big rain with water skis. Lots of fun but yu have to watch out for the tin-horns at drive ways.

Bob

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

It works better behind a full size Blazer! Lol. Don't ask me how I know.

ss

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I used to trail my daughter's around on their ski's with my '87 Big K Blazer....

It's a blast....Smoke 'em.

Curt

4. traedawg

traedawg TS Member

I do that all the time here in northern IL. Its fuuuun

5. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

4-wheel drive works better for pulling. 2-wheel drive is light on traction but will work and have someone sit on the back for traction and safety (watch the skier)......Just a "theory"........LOL......merlyn

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

We use to do it as a matter of being too broke to got to a ski area and pay for a lift ticket. It is more like water skiing than downhill. You can also break a few bones/heads so be careful.

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I smell a "worlds funniest video " on the way

8. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

We've done it with various things through the years. Mostly used pickups to pull with but have used tractors, 3 wheelers, horses, cattle and one time a get for pulling methods. For riding on, trash can lids, ply wood or wood something, barn siding, sheet metal, awl heck, probably about everything... We've had alot of fun in the hills with this crap and so far ain't no one got more than brusied and beat up alittle. And about the hills, I know Kansas is flat but just humor me as them hills are an illusion of my mind........

9. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

we used an upside down old car hood behind a pickup or car. get a little snow in the face but was no big deal. couple more shots of brandy & you never noticed. dwain

10. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

This was fun yesterday, snowing hard running thru the pastures and having a ball. This morning things aint quite so funny. Cant get any of the vehicles out of the drive. The road in front is worse than the drive. 12 miles to the nearest fm to mkt road. Boys I'm snowed in. N Texas Southern Ok. blizzard. Us flatlanders aren't used to this stuff. maybe by Sun It'll melt enuff to get out but sure ruined Christmas plans. Gotta prime rib readdy and nobody but me n the fat girl to enjoy it. Guess we'll have our family Christmas time come Sunday.

Have fun while you can

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.