1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

have you ever???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bulgie, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulgie

bulgie TS Member

Have you ever fixed or seen someone fix an 1100 magazine tube? I have one on an old gun that has crack in it. I have been told Remington charges almost $200 to replace the tube. I bought the gun in 1965 for $135. and dont neeed to spend this much. I bet someone has welded a tube or two and was wondering if this is feasible. Thanks............Fred

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Fred- After using your 1100 for 40 years, don't you think it deserves a new tube. The tube is rather thin walled and repairing it while keeping everything smooth and round could be tricky. If you do not believe your gun deserves the $200 fix, you could subtract the cost of repairing the cracked tube from this $200 and that would lower your expense for doing the job right.

Pat Ireland

3. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I have one that is like new you can have for 250.00. Why fit it? It's not worth it as the chances of it working correctly are slim unless you send it to Remington. I broke the tube on an 1100 28 ga twice. After the second time they gave me a new action. If you want a nice nearly new action let me know. sx1jeff@yahoo.com Since it is a reciever it would have to go to a dealer. Jeff

4. bulgie

bulgie TS Member

Pat Ireland. You bet the gun is worth a $200 fix after having shot it for over 40 years. I have two other 1100s in 12 guage and use this one rarely. I was just wondering is anyone had ever tried to weld one. The crack is near the receiver so it does have to be as smooth as the upper part of the tube. It was just a thought and I value my 1100's bout the same as I do my expensive guns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.