1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you ever seen a real ghost?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    I believe in ghost, although I have never seen one myself. I am a big fan of "Coast to Coast" on the radio as well as "Ghost Hunters" on the Syfi channel.
    With that being said, I would like to tell you about a few experiences I once had.

From the age of 10, I gave my grandmother a bottle of the same Perfume each year on her birthday. My grandmother and I were very close and when she passed away I took her passing very hard. A few years ago I started missing her a lot during the week of her birthday.

That week I was in my reloading room and I suddenly smell the perfume that I would give her every year on her birthday. I asked my wife to come downstairs and I asked her if she smelled anything? My wife said she smelled perfume. There is now way I can prove my grandmother was there, but it happened.

ANOTHER EXPERIENCE I HAD ON THE DAY MY DAD PASSED AWAY!

My dad passed away on August 27th, 2003. The day before he died, my wife and I went to the hospital to see him after work. He had Emphysema, Diabetes, and Parkinson's disease. Although he was ill, I was unaware that he was going to die soon. My father was in an oxygen tent, his breathing was very labored, and I grabbed his hand when I was leaving I said I would come to see him after work the next evening.

As my wife and I were walking towards the elevator to leave the hospital, something made turn around and walk back to my father's room. I took my dad's hand and told him how much he meant to me and I said that I thought he was a great father. He squeezed my hand and I said I will see you after work tomorrow.

As I left the room his doctor told me that my dad was very ill. I asked her do you think he is dying? She said yes, and I asked her how long does he have? She said about a month.

At 8.30am the following morning I am at work and my boss came over to my desk and said your wife is on the phone with an important call. My wife told me my dad passed away earlier that morning. I left work and went to the hospital. As I am walking into his room, his doctor was walking out. I said that month sure went fast. I feel terrible that my dad died alone. The guilt will always haunt me to the day I die.

Later that day, I was at my mom's house and I was in the basement shinning a pair of his shoes for the funeral. While I was down in there, I smell my dad's after shave and I asked "dad are you here? Show me a sign that your here. Suddenly a picture that was hung up in the rec room fell to the floor. All I did was smile.

I didn't tell anyone what happened, but I went into the garage looking for something. Once again I smell my dad's after shave, and once again I asked if he was in the garage with me? Please show me a sign. Right after I said that, a bike that was in the garage, it's horn buzzer went off. I smiled and walked into the house and still not tell anyone.

After the funeral my brother came back to my mom's house and I took him into the garage with me and I told him what happened in the basement, and what happened in the garage. After I told him the buzzer on the bike rang, he opened up the buzzer and there was no battery of any kind in it. He tried beeping it and nothing happened.

Was that my father's way of telling me he was there with me? I have no idea. When I think back about it, I hope he was there and trying to tell me he was ok.

Steve

ONE LAST STORY GIVEN TO ME FROM MY BROTHER INLAW!

My brother in law worked for Ameritech. One day at work, he received a call that his 88 year old elderly father suffered a severe heart attack at home and died. My brother in law leaves work and sets up the funeral. A few days later he is at the wake and receives a call from his boss.

His boss apologized for calling him at the wake but told him that his job was eliminated after 25 years of working there. He asked him to come back to work to clean out his office the next day after the burial. So my brother in law goes to work and is met by two security guards and they walk him to his office and give him time to clean out his belongings.

A few days later, he is at his mother's house going over insurance papers with his 79 year old mother. While looking over the documents she excuses herself and walks into her bedroom. She comes out of the bedroom all dressed up in a fancy black dress with make up on and dress shoes and her son ask her, Why are you all dressed up?

She said your father is sitting in his chair waiting for me. Her son said, mom, dad died a few days ago, and we just buried him, what's wrong with you? She said can't you see him, he has his coat on with his hat in his hand? Right after she said that, his mom collapsed and fell to the floor.

The doctors preformed an autopsy and found she died of a blood clot. In one week's time my brother in law lost his job of 25 years, and also lost his 88 year old father, and his 79 year old mother. His father had been ill, but to his knowledge his mother was fine.

On a side note, 7 months later, my brother in law was still out of work. He applied at Manpower and they eventually called him for a job. Ameritech hired him back for his same old job, at less pay and no benefits. This happened years ago, and he has the same job, now with benefits, but Ameritech has a different name.

If any of you have ever seen a ghost, or something happen to you or someone you know that you felt was paranormal, please tell us.
    Steve Balistreri

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

almost got kicked off the site with my last reply on this subject. LOL

3. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

YES....when our kids were very young and while watching TV they both claim to have seen a woman ( upper torso ) dressed in white just float down the hall way and look at them,kinda smile and turn and float back the hall where it came from. Kids are now in late 20's and they still remember that day and swear it was real. Before that day they never saw anything,nor did we as a family ever talk about ghost's. While this was going on,me and the wife were having a disagreement of sorts in another room.Seems this lady was looking out for the kids ?

A few years ago the wife went to a physic and was told there is a female spirit in our house but it was a good spirit. This is with out wife saying anything about what happened years earlier.

Also the cloths dryer would turn on by itself just after father in law passed. Sometimes you could smell his pipe smoke in our room.

Another time the full toilet paper roll started to unwrap all by itself until it was empty...as wife watched it happen.

Wife has been seeing a dark shadow of a female now & then but nothing bad ever happens.

Earlier on she would see balls of light after her brother passed. She went to the Dr for a check up and was told she had cancer, early stage...had surgery and was fine. After that balls of light stopped. Years later balls of light again. Seems they appear when she has medical problems, like someone trying to tell her something.

But nothing bad has happened. So we never talked about it-till now. True story.

crab

4. senior smoke

Crab:
    Interesting to say the least. Hope your wife is alright.
    Steve

5. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Yes, I watched Topper all the time.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5FybaVXc-Nc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Have had several, one was when my dad was quite ill and was not suppose to live, I went to visit him for days and finally went home (200 miles east), The night I got home I woke up at 3:45 AM and was immediately fully awake, I looked at the clock and couldn't understand what was happening. The next morning my brother called about 7 AM and said he waited to call because there was nothing I could do and I asked him at what time dad died, he said 3:45 AM. Explain it if you can. Glenn

7. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I remember years ago, when I was young. My Uncle was a Shriner and would go by the name "Pogo the Clown". Well, the day he passed, my Mother was baking cream pies in the kitchen and ALL of a sudden, these pies began to levitate and started flying around the room. My Brother was hit square tween the eyes and my dear Ol' Dad was sprayed down with a seltzer bottle that appeared out of thin air.

Weird, to say the least.

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Several experiences. When I was a teen my best friend had a boxer named chief. Well one day while on summer vacation i came home in the afternoon and laid down on the couch and fell asleep. When I woke up my mother told me that around 7 o'clock I started yelling at Chief "get away your getting slobber all over." I got a laugh out of it. Later after showering and getting dressed i ran into Bob, Chiefs owner and he told me around 7:00 pm his dog Chief died. That was one incident.

On our first trip to Gettysburg my wife and I both had strange experiences. While on the field I heard a cannon go off, and I do know what cannon fire sounds like. We stopped at the visitors center and asked where they were shooting off the cannons and were informed that there were no re-enactors in the park that day, and no approvals for anyone to shoot off a cannon.

Later that day on the field again I was standing at the top of the triangular field, the wind was blowing up field toward me. My wife walked down the hill a little about 15 ft. in front of me. All of a sudden she blurts out " eeew did you do it?" I said Kate you are 15 feet up wind of me even if I did you wouldn't know. Then I asked her what it smelled like. Her reply was " rotten eggs". That was the smell of sulfur.

The next morning in our room at the Farnsworth House I was taking a shower and all of a sudden I got this "to the bone" chill, I mean It was like ice entered my body. When I got out of the shower, which was immediately, I checked the windows to make sure they were closed. They were. I went into the room adjacent to the shower and started telling my wife about the chill, She was on the edge of the bed getting dressed since She had just showered and said to me she felt that same chill go across her beck since she was drying off and was partially undressed.

Strange things happen at Gettysburg my favorite vacation spot. All of this and I did not mention some of the results that show up on our pictures when we are on the field. True stories, swear to God, Bulge.

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

GlennMcloud: My mother died at 3:45 am and I bolted up right in bed when she died, my sister called me in the morning, and before she said anything I said mom died this morning at 3:45 and she said how do know, I said I was awakened like she told me good by.

She was in pain and I asked god to take her, she missed dad so much.

And I am crying writing this.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

The musical,

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Mynzbmrtp9I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. dhip

dhip Active Member

Well ,not as personal as some,However,several years ago we had a school bus driver diagnosed with cancer.I had mentioned to him several years before that about the here after.He replied don't worry I'll get saved before I go.As it happened,yes he was baptized ,etc. during his battle with cancer.I use to sing in a Gospel Trio,this fella knew it but never seen me sing or heard any of the songs in our routine.One night I woke to the singing of what was technically our theme song,it was that driver singing it in an upbeat tempo and I could see him dancing to it.As far as I know this fella never sung in his life.Needless to say,I found out that morning he'd passed away around the same time I had this vision(only way to put it in words).Disturbing at first,but a calming afterwards.

Doug H.

12. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

No, never seen a ghost, or had any experiences as stated above.

13. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Never have seen a Ghost, but about 35 years ago or so, I awoke startled when something grabbed my wrist.

I'm a light sleeper and I swear it happened but saw or heard nothing.

A friend of mine has had situations when he smelled flowers around a few people who passed a short time later.

Who knows how the spirits work, but I'm convinced they are out there.

Regards.....Gerald

14. senior smoke

Bulge:
    I have read many stories of people who visit Gettysburg that have had similar experiences.
    Steve

15. senior smoke

Gary:
    My parents told me that the night my dad's father passed away they were laying in bed a sleep. Suddenly my dad a woke as a figure of my his father was at the foot of their bed. My dad, woke my mom and she saw him too. Minutes later his sister called and said the hospital called her to say dad passed away.
    Steve

16. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

I have another Gettysburg story.

Many years ago (1971?) I spent a summer in the YCC (Youth Conservation Corps) at Gettysburg. It was like a combination summer camp and job. We cleared brush, built/rebuilt fences, painted things, stuff like that.

We stayed at what was dubbed Camp Eisenhower, an old motel the Park had acquired, right across the Emmitsburg Road from United States Avenue. You could see the Trostle farm from it and the monument marking where Dan Sickles got his leg shot off by a cannonball. The Peach Orchard was a few hundred yards to the South. The motel has since been torn down and no trace remains.

From time to time we'd be visited by Colonel Sheads, a well-known battlefield guide in those days, and an expert on battlefield lore. One time he told us some of the ghost stories of Gettysburg. Like the young Confederate soldier who wanders up and down a stone fence at the road intersection between Big and Little Round Top. And how tourists who take pictures at the Slaughter Pen develop their pictures and they don't come out. (The Slaughter Pen is across Plum Run (Bloody Run) from Devil's Den). Or the fact that the name Devil's Den pre-dates the battle due to its evil reputation among the farmers nearby. By the way, I knew a girl who swore she had met with and conversed with that young Rebel soldier. But that was years after the events I'm relating.

We all liked the Colonel (he was quite a character) and nobody snickered, but I doubt anyone more than half believed any of it. He could really tell a good story.

Anyway, I was in high school at the time and on the cross-country team. In the Summer I would run some to keep up my conditioning in preparation for the year to come. After dinner we had some free time before lights out and often I would go for a run in the Park around sunset or later for maybe an hour or so. Alone. I had permission from the camp Director Dan Brown (a Park Ranger). Different days then.

Well, I varied my routes for a change of scenery, but had never gone through Devil's Den and the Slaughter Pen at night. That very night, after hearing the Colonel's stories, I figured I would. So I went down McGilvery Artillery Avenue and turned right at Plum Run. It was a beautiful still evening in early Summer, not too hot, and there were the usual night sounds of insects and frogs, etc. No cicadas yet. I don't recall feeling the slightest apprehension. In fact, I was full of bravado, thinking I would tell my friends later what I had done.

As I passed the road coming down from the Round Tops, it seemed the night noises became muted, then almost dead silence as I passed the Slaughter Pen. I thought, that's weird. Then for no real reason that I can explain, I started to feel spooked. Not suddenly, but with each step it got stronger. I hardly dared to glance to either side.

By the time I got up to the top of Devil's Den on the winding road there, I was going pretty fast, I can tell you, and was panting. As I left Devil's Den behind me, the normal night noises resumed. My bravado being somewhat deflated, I didn't tell my friends about it after all. I remember it now like it was yesterday.

Not much of a ghost story, I guess, but that's mine.

17. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Nope, don't believe in them.

18. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Fritz. on one of our trips to G'burg I stopped at the public facility by Devils den and just across plum run. I was doing my business and the hair on my neck stood up and I had this weird feeling someone was watching me. Couldn't wait to finish my business and get out of there. Bulge.

Steve, I have a picture of the Confederate monument that has a rainbow beginning at the bottom center of the monument and going off to the right no more than 10 feet high. It also has a couple of orbs in it.

19. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

Yeah Bulge, that's right by the Slaughter Pen.

Call it what you want, maybe it's imagination. I'm not sure myself, and don't expect to ever be sure either way. But it's like there's some presence there, not perhaps unfriendly exactly, more of a feeling of fear and horror concentrated in that spot. As if the events of July 2, 1863, somehow live on.

20. senior smoke

Bulge:
    That's neat to have a picture like that. Years ago I never believed in any of that stuff, until one night when I was a teenager sitting on my couch. My entire family was watching tv one night, and I was sitting on the couch by myself. Down by my feet I felt the sensation like someone sat at the end of the couch.

My dad then blurted out "Mom"! My dad told us his deceased mother appeared for a millisecond sitting at the end of the couch. I than told my dad, just before you shouted, I felt someone sitting down on the couch.

Since that time in my life, I have read and viewed everything I can find about the paranormal. I believe, as do some experts in the field that there might be other dimensions all around us. In fact, some experts seem to believe that time travel will be possible someday. I don't know what the real answers are, but I do believe our loved ones are near us, and watch over us. I hope I'm correct on this issue.
    Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.