1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HAVE YOU EVER HAD STICKER SHOCK??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blkcloud, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Went to my GM dealer yesterday looking at a new Suburban, Saw a new nice looking Escalade and strolled over to it.. when I saw the price I had some sticker shock.. it takes a lot to give me sticker shock but boy this did.. $83K
    sorry the picture is so bad..lol..

[​IMG]

2. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

You can't afford an Escalade unless you are a low to medium level drug dealer.

High level dealers all drive Lamborgini's...

3. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Buy the same unit in a year for $40,000. used.

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

This is my sticker shock. $420,000 for a four gun set. Even if they throw in the girl it's too much $$$$

Wayne

[​IMG]

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I looked at a Nissan GT-R at a dealer last month. The sticker on it was $91,000. The salesman said it was their second one. He said the first one was sold before they got it. Its 530 HP but i just can't see anyone paying that for a rice rocket. To each his own i guess.

6. glenns

glenns Member

A "rice rocket?"

7. cmmonaco78

cmmonaco78 Member

Recently leased my wife a new car. As we were in the GM dealer I walked over to one of the buicks on the showroom floor. The sticker was over 40k. My wife and I looked at each other and both shook our heads. Being 33 and my wife 30 we have never known a time when GM truly produced a well made and desirable car. My father has told me about GM's wonderfull past but I have only seen mediocraty during my life time. Add to this the facts that they just went bankrupt and Toyotas and Hondas run forever. Well, it just did not compute with me. My wife who knows nothing of cars, looked at me and said" 40+k for an ugly Buick!?! They have some nerve. Do they think it's a BMW?". Found myself at a Toyota dealer very shortly there after.

CM

8. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

With the girl the price is ok

9. dhip

dhip Active Member

Yep,,as soon as I got into this sport and seen that a top gun cost as much as my Bass Boat.

Doug H.

10. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Want sticker shock? Get sick and go to a hospital and have lots of tests done.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

11. grntitan

Got that right Gene.

12. GW22

GW22 Active Member

With all the millions they stole from faithful GM bondholders with legal claims on assets, you wouldn't think they'd be trying to f#ck people on price like that.

On second thought... any sucker who still buys GM deserves what they get.

-Gary

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Does anyone even go off pavement in an Escalade?

14. grntitan

Brian--Sure but just to pull out their buddies that are stuck in their Lincoln pick-up. :)

15. WBD

WBD Member

blkcloud, Obama get's 25%... It is "Government Motors" after all... I looked at GM dashboards for 20+ years... Blazer, Suburban's and then Denali's... Couldn't do it this time. X5 from the good people building BMW's at Spartanburg, SC. Haven't looked back... but if I did, all domestic SUV's would be in my rear view mirror... except possibly for the Jeep SRT8 (which I owned for 2 weeks), but I'd pass them at the gas station!

W

16. WBD

WBD Member

blkcloud, Obama get's 25%... It is "Government Motors" after all... I looked at GM dashboards for 20+ years... Blazer, Suburban's and then Denali's... Couldn't do it this time. X5 from the good people building BMW's at Spartanburg, SC. Haven't looked back... but if I did, all domestic SUV's would be in my rear view mirror... except possibly for the Jeep SRT8 (which I owned for 2 weeks), but I'd pass them at the gas station!

W

17. WBD

WBD Member

W

18. WBD

WBD Member

I only responded to the post once! Not sure why it came up 3 times... Apologies. W

19. grntitan

On a cell phone?

Click the "edit/delte my post" and delete them.

20. WBD

WBD Member

I only responded to the post once! Not sure why it came up 3 times... Apologies. W

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.