1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Have yo used any of these wads?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pigkiller, Sep 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

I am shopping for Winjammers and came across these two at the Recobs website. They are the Downrange Jammer 1oz., which is purple, and the WJ12 1 oz. Winjammer wad, which is yellow. The major difference between the two seems to be that the former is made of better-quality plastic. Both are eight-petal wads. However, a friend of mine came across some negative reviews of the Downrange Jammer and I was wondering if it was still worth buying. I would also like to hear from anybody who has used the WJ12.

Thanks for any feedback.

2. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

I always order the Windjammer WJ12 1 oz wads. 5000 for 66.99.
    I've been using them since they first came out.
    Downrange is not the same.
    The only other wad I use is genuine Spolar. Made by Downrange
    to Carter Spolar's spec's. The 1 1/8 Spolar is of the Windjammer
    style, and the Spolar 1 oz is of the AA style.
    I've never had a problem with 8 petal wads, but some have.

Mike C.
    ATA Life Vet

3. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

Went online and the consensus is that the XL-1 is a better wad because it has four petals and the wad fingers don't fold in as much. Any observations?

4. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

the DR XL-1 Jammer is a great 1 oz. wad. I have used it exclusively with STS hulls and 17 gr. of Red Dot for my 16 yard loads. It does have the 8 petals just like the OEMs but are made of slick plastic which results in easy loading and no residue. DownRange is now making what they call hybrids which have the 8 petals for Federal, Rem and Winchester replacement wads. Great wads, great customer service.

5. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

I use the downrange windjammer replacement they work great and are $60 for 5000 very economical,people complain about 8 petal wads because the petals can get bent over when you load them them but I have never had any problems.Jerry

6. RogerAckerman

RogerAckerman Member

I have been using the Down Range WJ12 1 1/8 Orange from Recobs for about 1 year

now, They have given me no problems at all with reloading with STS Hull's.

At this point there the only Wad I am using from the 16 yard to the 25 yard

line and they work great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.