1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Have U seen this? SUPER DUPER DUCK BLIND!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 3dram8, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

How many beers were consumed building this rascal? 3 stories, 1st level hides 4 boats underneath and has room for 2 hunters and has 2 dog doors. 2nd level has a full kitchen with fridge, 2 stoves, electricity for lights, living room with 2 couches and satellite TV, theater seats around the "porch of the blind" to sit 14 guys comfortably. A side porch has a running toilet, a stainless steel grill for cooking whole rib-eyes for lunch and a bar to make all the Mojos and margarita machine which are hard wired to car batteries.

3rd level is the "crows nest" with room for 3. It's about 25' up in the trees and most of the time you are shooting down on the ducks.

The food scraps they throw out draw a lot of ducks and make the fishing good too.

............Rick

[​IMG]

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Its probably not how many beers were consumed building that rascal but how many were consumed while those ducks were killed

and- what football game were they watching on their dish TV between flights?

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. quartering

quartering Active Member

it blends right in to the swamp - you can hardly see it sitting there. and what does the toilet flush into? the duck pond? good luck with it

4. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

a head, a bed, a place to be fed mmmmmmmmmm ought to be dwelling or commericial taxable property

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

A true Redneck blind

6. Hatshooter

Hatshooter TS Member

I like it.. might as well hunt in style..

7. War Wagon

War Wagon Member

OK what great State is this Bad Boy located ?

8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Its not a redneck blind. If it were a camper in a tree then that would be a redneck blind. LOL

I saw on a hunting show a place that had a really nice lodge. You walk in and it looked like a hotel. Bar, dinning area, bedrooms, showers and so on. When it was time to go hunting they grabbed their gear and went down a set of stairs. They then walked say 2 to 300 yards and up another set of stairs. THey now were in their duck blind. Heated with a kitchen, frig, bar, nice seats to sit in to shoot the ducks from. I saw this once and I tried to Google it and couldn't find anything. It was fancy

9. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

War Wagon, I think this blind was built somewhere in Louisiana. I did a search, and couldn't find anything on this either. Someone sent me this in an e-mail. ....Rick

10. porky

porky TS Member

I wonder where the snakes or alligators would hide?

11. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

An outdoor TV show had a story on a barge like blind that was in use in Louisiana. It was motorized but was stationary while in use. I believe that it had an upper deck and could accommodate about a dozen hunters. I don’t know about the amenities but there would be sufficient room for a bar, TV area and restroom.

My family used to vacation at Gun Lake which is near Grand Rapids, Michigan. There was an island in East Gun that had a simple, permanent duck blind on a point of the island that overlooked a large bay. I have seen the blind and remember hearing several stories about hundreds of ducks shot out of this blind during the 1920's.

Gun Lake also has a well furnished fishing camp that is called "Chicago Point". As the story goes, the camp was a favorite hideout of certain Chicago gangsters and their girlfriends during the 1920's. I can't say any more because of fear of getting my legs broke.

Ed Ward

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Be hilarious if only a couple of ducks ever show up.

13. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

Ed, my family used to vacation on Gun Lake too! We had a cottage on Robbins Bay which did not have a good beach, so we liked to go that island to swim on weekends. .....Rick

14. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Rick:

My family used to stay at South Shores Resort, at Percy's on England's Point or at Madison's which are all three directly opposite from Robbins Bay. As you probably know, Robbins Bay had a deep hole (30 feet plus) in an area of Gun Lake that was on average five or six feet deep. It was a long haul across the lake with the 5 HP motor we had back in the early 1960's but we took a lot of nice walleye out of Robbins Bay using a lure called a white Sparkle Tail.

I had my 150 hp bass boat on Gun Lake in the late 1990's so the trip was a lot quicker. Alas, the walleye population of Gun lake had been reduced significantly from what it was back in the 1960's. We also took a lot of two pound plus Crappie out of Robbins Bay.

Ed Ward

15. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

In the 1970's I lived in Omaha and belonged to a duck club up on the Missouri River. We had stoves, refrigerators and cable color TV for the Nebraska games.. We also had the best duck and goose hunting I ever been lucky enough to enjoy.

16. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I fished Gun Lake more than once. Used to hunt Mushrooms up there also

17. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

18. englishupland

englishupland Member

Cuban,
    Where did all the morel mushrooms in Michigan go? They vanished?

19. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

LOTS of morels in Michigan, but they are so highly prized that few people will reveal their hotspots. ....Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.