1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Have problem with lock on gun case

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by omgb, Jun 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Guys, I've got a problem and could use some advice before I leap. I bought a canvas and leather hard case a few weeks ago from a guy who posts here. he did his end perfectly. The case was as he stated. OK, now the rub. I followed the instructions included with the case to set the rolling tumbler case lock. You know, one of those three digit roller locks that you find on brief cases and luggage. Any way, the damn thing will not open. I went through all of the combinations over the last couple of weeks and zip. So, what do I do now? I was thinking of going to a luggage repair place and having them replace the lock unit. Have any of you done that? Surely this has to be a fairly common problem right?

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

My son changed the combo on mine one day for the hell of it . Problem was he did,t know what numbers he used . I put a little pressure on the latch with my finger and turned the tumbler I could feel the right spot then go to the next number

3. brownk80

brownk80 Member

I did that years ago, set the combo and forgot what it was. Had to saw the hasp off the lock to get the gun out. It sat there for years and finally one day I took it to a luggage repair place to have it replaced and while talking with the guy I idlely fiddled with the combo and sure as hell it openned. Felt like a fool but still had to have the whole lock replaced. Go thru the combos one more time before you have it replace it just might work. GOOD LUCK!

4. brownk80

brownk80 Member

Oops! P.S. Leave the lock on 000. Theives don't open gun cases to get the gun out they take the whole case, gun and all.

5. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Quote, "Oops! P.S. Leave the lock on 000. Theives don't open gun cases to get the gun out they take the whole case, gun and all. " No S#$%, I knew that but couldn't keep my damn fingers off of it.

6. brownk80

brownk80 Member

OMGB

Of course, your a trap shooter, what the hell did you expect!! I did the same thing but put about 10 different combo's on my different cases so only I would know the combo. Luckily, I used area codes so it wasn't too hard to go back and change them all to "000". Now I don't even take the little red thing out of the case.

Brownk80

7. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

its only 3 wheels, wont take too long to go through all the numbers

Now 4 wheels, that takes time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.