1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Have noticed High End Trapgun sales are down

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I have noticed that High End Trapgun sales are down, I believe it has to do with Obama and the economy, lost jobs, lost retirement, taxes, and the high cost that Cap & Trade is going to bring, just wait on this one to take effect, O personally hope it fails, and if it does pass Democrats Political Career is over.

Gary Bryant
    Dr,longshot

2. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I have to think that due to the economy, people are afraid to let go of their hard earned money. I know I've had second thoughts about spending any amount of money if it's not absolutely necessary. You never can tell when a company might decide they don't need your services anymore.

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I just returned from the PITA Grand Pacific last week. While I was there, there were 2 gun racks filled with guns for sale, from 870's to Seitz's, MX8 Combo's, and a host of others. I watched these guns pretty carefully as I had a beautiful Perazzi TMS on the rack with the rest of them. I did not see ONE of those guns sold at the Grand. Lots of tire kickers, and everyone wanting to trade guns, but no one wanting to trade UP, just straight across or trade down. I honestly feel I had one of the best values on the rack and didn't have a bite..... Things are definately tight in the gun market right now. I usually have 3 or 4 trap guns in various stages of restoration that I sell when finished. I have since stopped buying any guns, and am no longer going to be doing this. It's a buyers market right now, but, I'm being very frugal in what I buy because I may not be able to use it, or sell it, in the near future. I'm sticking with the 2 guns I currently shoot, and am selling off everything else.... Just my experience.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

In a conversation about 30 days ago with a major gun dealer that always has a large advertisement in Trap and Field and is a sponsor of this site, I was told that his high end sales are strong but he can't sell the less expensive trap guns.

Pat Ireland

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Zara.... Not the end as we know it, not even close, just time to be a little cautious, that's all. And I feel fine as well.... Dan

6. rick979

rick979 Active Member

I am having no trouble selling guns from $2,500 to $7,500.00. The buyers are getting great deals I just make sure I am positioned to sell them in "today's market". The people that buy in this range always seem to have money. I think the toughest guns to sell are the ones that should be worth $750.00 but will only pull $500.00.

7. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Here is what I am assuming, and you all know what assume means. This is just my opinion. As Pat Ireland mentioned above, I believe that High-End gun sales are strong, and the $4000-$7000 guns are struggling. I believe that a guy buying a NEW Perazzi, Krieghoff, Seitz, etc. is probably already financially secure, retired, his own business is good, etc. The factory worker with kids is struggling, and that is the guy that always bought the above mentioned guns pre-owned. This is nothing against anyone mentioned.

Matt

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

High end gun sales at the PA State shoot were beyond expectations. Seems like everyone was looking for used K-80's but none were to be had. I sold out of used Perazzi's for the first time. Used KX'5's were really hot. Browning sales were pretty slow but Beretta combos picked up the slack. Since I carry few guns over $10,000 I can't comment on those but I understand that higher priced guns sold well at the Eastern Zone!!

9. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

In hussein's world,,,,the middle class will suffer,,,,which would point to the <$7,000 gun sales possibly being lower....

10. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

There's always bargains somewheres, and there's always people who always think the sky is coming down around their ears. Gun sales are hitting records this year, may be not be trap guns but AR15's even the high priced ones, handguns even the high priced ones have been flying off the shelves at the gun stores I go to. The non-specialized everyday gun dealers are sure not whining. O is going to beat Billy C for best gun salesman ever!!!

11. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Gary. No. It is normal for the season.

12. pdq

pdq Member

I don't think people shopping for high end guns are as affected as those in the market for low priced guns.

I'm currently selling a 2 barrel O/U Purdey for a friend and have turned down legit offers of $50,000, given the gun should fetch more. 26" and 28" barrels, each pair choked differently, all in a fitted leather gun case by Purdey. Very nice package, but it's not a trap gun.

Pete

13. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Here's the reason money for highend trapguns is down, peoples interests have moved on. And you moonbat libs thought the Saudis were behind 911. The Saudi people want to make love not war. No wonder that Purdey hasn't sold.

"Saudi businessman orders solid gold penis enlarger
    Wed Aug 5, 5:48 pm ET

OTTAWA (AFP) – A Saudi businessman has purchased what is being described by the Canadian seller as the world's most expensive adult novelty item -- a solid 18-carat gold penis enlarger worth nearly 50,000 dollars.

X4 Labs, a Canadian manufacturer of medical devices, received the unorthodox request and recruited a Montreal custom jeweler to help with its design and construction.

"This male health accessory is the most expensive traction device ever produced and will likely become a historical benchmark for the adult novelty industry," the company said in a statement.

Little is known about the buyer, except that he lives in Jeddah.

His glitzy new penis enlarger, however, is being encrusted at his request with 40 diamonds and several rubies and is to be delivered by armored car in October, said Rick Oh, X4 Labs co-owner.

Saudi law bans the import of adult sex toys, but the company insists its product is a US government certified medical device.

Such devices normally retail for less than 400 dollars. But this custom order is expected to cost about 47,000 dollars US, Oh said.

"It's an unusual request," Oh told AFP. "We didn't take it seriously at first, but once he sent us a deposit, we had to agree to it."

"Obviously, there were giggles initially when we presented our project to a jeweler and asked him for help."

But the seemingly lavish device was actually conceived for a practical purpose, Oh explained. "We were approached by the customer who insisted on a solid gold version of our product because he claimed to have a severe skin allergy to stainless steel."

Later, the buyer asked to add diamonds and rubies to it.

The company intends to now offer all customers custom designs for their male novelty devices, although it states it is "uncertain as to whether this will become a trend."

Product coordinator Matt West said he "is convinced that there is a demographic that is willing to pay for lavish medical devices for their private areas... to pay good money to spoil themselves."

"There is something tremendously selfish about the male ego, and subsequently 50,000-dollar orders may become the norm for companies like X4 Labs," he said."

14. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

In a way, zara, they're not much different.

15. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

pdq,,,,could you post pics of that Purdey gun????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.