1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

have mod 12 bought 1953

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gottabsomewhere, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gottabsomewhere

gottabsomewhere TS Member

Mod 12 bought in 1953, "full choke" marked but had "CUTTS" installed.
    Engraved in Yokohama Japan .
    Thinking about doing a upgrade with new skeet barrel (or trap)
    New fancy wood.
    OR SHOULD I KEEP IT JUST LIKE IT IS ?
    WILL IT HELP OR HURT THE VALUE ?
    Any thoughts/input woould be appreciated.

2. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

The "Cutts" makes it basically a parts donor. A new bbl. would most likely increase the value, but would hardly be worth the money and trouble.

Buz

3. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

It seems that more model 12s got the Cutts treatment than any other gun. However, back then it was probably considered an improvement.

If you like it go for it. Probably expensive but what the hey, its only money.

Regards...Gerald

4. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

A man I know was left a Model 12 field from his dad. He said it was like new, all original, but it had a piece installed on the end of the barrel. He remembers his Dad told him he went hunting somewhere in the Northern U.S. back in the 50's, and he had to have this unit installed up there before he could hunt.(Bird hunting he thought)He later gave this gun to his Son, and it is in another state now, so I can't see it.

Does anyone remember any such actions by any Northern States game divisions?

Thanks

Danny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.