1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Have I lost my mind?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms TS Supporters TS Supporters

I've been lusting after and saving for a new trap gun - probably one of the slick O/Us. Even my wife was squarely behind me on this. By surprise, I came into a pile of cash yesterday. Not a big pile, but big enough to finally get serious about a gun purchase. In an instant my WANTING faded and now I'm thinking I really like shooting what I have. This might be the begoinning of the end.

Larry Frieders
    Grandpa's Arms, Inc.
    http://www.grandpasarms.com
    340 Marshall Ave #100 | Aurora, IL 60506
    Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm
    Office: 630.859.0333 Cell: 630.992.7513 FAX: 630.859.0114

2. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Been there..unfortunately, I have always followed my "need to buy" instinct, and haven't shot consistantly in a couple of years., I have been very lucky to at least get my money back on the resell.....word of advise...keep the money, shoot that your used to, and have a REAL VACATION, or go hunting....LarryB

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Buy the gun you have been lusting over. If you don't, you will go around forever wondering if the grass is really greener on the other side. Besides, you never know when you will find that new favorite gun. That's why i just keep buying guns every chance i get. Funny thing is, they are all my favorites so i rarely get rid of guns anymore. Good luck!!

4. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

If you don't buy a new gun that money will just evaporate and you'll not even know what you spent it on, at least that's the way it goes for me. At least if you buy a nice shotgun at a reasonable price and decide you don't like it you can sell it and get some of your money back.

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

gunfitter_2008_0303_1140.jpg

gunfitter_2008_0303_1141.jpg

Here's an idea invest in yourself get a custom stock and your shooting scores will go up.

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Go to the Grand!!!!

7. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Been through that have had several different varieties-SBTs-O&Us-pumps-semi auto, shot the same one the most & best (not good just the best)a M31 TC. So if you can buy it right (everybody likes a new toy) get it and enjoy your good fortune, then when "old faithful" calls you back sell the new toy. As per sbe don't let it just evaporate. Life's too short so enjoy it. Ross Puls

8. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

When you're 30, you'll buy the new gun.
    When you're 60, you'll be content with your old gun and enjoy having the cash.
    Mike

9. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

Bank the loot for a few months and invest in a clinic. If ya feel the need in a few months then start shopping. Or go to a good stock guy.

10. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

More than likely!!! You'll find it right next to mine!!! LOL. break em all Jeff

11. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

You have not lost your mind, you just don't know how to control it properly. Read a book called "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill. Get it at a book store or the library. Enjoy your life as best as you can. Buy what you need not what you want. Your old shotgun will still shoot and if you miss it's not the guns fault so no need for a new one. Best of luck to everyone.

Harry Lyga

12. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I know the feeling. I've started 3 businesses in my life, and closed 2 of em and am just barely hanging on to the 3rd. Wish I would have closed it before the lawyers sucked it dry, but I digress. My point is when the businesses were going good, I didn't want or need anything. I was happy with the cars I drove, the house I lived in, the cheap beer I drank, the food I ate, etc... Only when I was broke did I want a new car, shotgun, expensive beer, jetski....

Just something in is humans, want is more than need, I guess.

13. 3357

3357 Member

Set the money aside, avoid buyers remorse and shoot what you have knowing you can buy that new trap gun anytime you want to. You may find yourself at a new level of comfort with your current gun and realize you dont really need a new magic whand. After a few months (or weeks) if you are still wanting the new gun then buy it.

14. trapman69

trapman69 Member

I live by this. I'm only going to go around this one time so why deny myself. But this is Provided my bills are paid I have a savings account with at least enough to pay 6months worth of bills and I'm feeling secure in my Job. And most important I can pay cash money for it. If you are good on all these things then yes to not buy the gun your wanting is a brain fart! Tom R

15. warren

warren Member

Guns are not only fun to shoot but they are a better hedge against inflation than gold or other so called secure investments. Take good care of it and it'll hold it's value better than nearly anything else.

warren

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.