1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Have I become too soft???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tron, Aug 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Lately, I've been having a lot of trouble setting the hook or even having people on this site take the bait. I chum the water, do everything right, but only an emptly creel when I sign off at night. Even the newbee's aint bitin'. I've even had to motor up to other fishing waters from time to time (Sportingclaysmagazine) and load up on "Sporties".

What gives??

Should I use another sign on name??

Any help or ideas here would be appreciated.

Tron =(

2. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

Well, Gene likes 7's, maybe you could use fish hooks? Eg. JJJJJTronJJJJJ
    .....Rick

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Steel shot is for dweebs that feel they must shoot trap in an urban setting. Get out to the country, like St. Charles and shoot the real stuff.

Tron.

4. Kathryn

Kathryn TS Member

Are you too soft? Only you can answer that. Can you stand up without help? Are you squishy? Do pieces of you slough off when you walk? Do all your animals insist on sleeping on you? If you answer "yes" to all these question, then you are too soft.

Kathy McLean

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Well you did try to sell that 391 barrel that you welded on company time in the empty ford motor company parking lot

lol

shoot well

Gene

6. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Tron,

Even this was a very lame attempt. Soft is an understatement.

Brett

7. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Don't worry your just alittle rusty. Sharpen your hook and knock the rust off and you will do fine.

8. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Tron I brought up a old thread that was alot of fun. I hooked some big ones with that thread. You will know the thread when you see it. HE HE HE HE

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Tron, it's late in the summer and the surface water temperature are too warm. You're going to have to go deeper, to get a few strikes. I know it's had to believe that trapshooters can be deep.

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Nah, I think you're just right. Preheat the oven.

HM

11. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Tron:

Thanks for your analysis of the Ford 3.8 V-6 (a POS) in a 1997 Cougar in another post.

We bought our daughter a new Toyota Camry with a 4 banger and she loves it.

I have a very good mechanic (who is also a trap shooter and a fisherman) who is correcting the head gaskets, front suspension and other problems for way less than the original estimate of $3000 plus. I plan to keep the car for a while. Other than a $900 converter, it has required little maintenance in 112,000 miles. We have changed the AT fluid, anti-freeze and oil on a regular basis.

The Cougar is also nice to look at and is very comfortable to ride in and drive.

As to the fishing, you need to use a 19 year old, blond, blue eyed girl to bait your hook. Some pictures of her when the boat is rocking would be nice.

I hope this post adds to your creel.

Thanks

Ed Ward

12. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Ed,

I like the way you think...LOL

shoot em all......Rickyd

13. bgf

bgf Active Member

Tron,

Like trap shooting...when you are in a slump, go back to basics.

The fact that you think Hitlery Klinton is a hottie will definately get you back in the deep waters. Down riggers are a must in this climate.

Bernie

14. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Tron, Might as well face reality, Your a has been, A washed up troll. Might as well head off to the old trolls home.

Jim

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Just needs a rest.

HM

16. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Tron,

I'm afraid your predicament is quite difficult. In order for any trolling mission to be successful, the bait, in addition to being irresistible to fools, has to be humorous to the intelligent.

Your favorite bait was Hillary. Now that she's destined to be President, nobody of any intelligence finds it to be funny anymore.

Even the left-wingers are chafed at the inevitable, unceremonious ease with which she's preparing to bulldoze Barack Obama, their new Bobby Kennedy, into the ash-bin of history.

So you reach into your tackle box, you look at that old plug with the tooth marks all over it - and you think: what the hell am I doing?

Tron, I saw your potential since the beginning, when you pranced on here and snatched the marbles out of my hand. So suffer me a few minutes, as I try to help you avoid becoming an old worn-out has-been like me.

First, you cannot troll people on subjects they realize they can't do anything about. For example, let's go back to the Hillary thing: everyone is resigned to her impending ascent. They can't do anything about it. They're completely de-sensitized to it. Hell, even wireguy is making trapshooting-related posts most of the time now. People are reverting back to their "happy zone." Wireguy is talking trap, Brian in Oregon is finding peace on a muddy back-woods trail...I even heard a rumor that Grammie took his wife out for breakfast the other day, and tipped Rosalita the waitress an extra buck. People don't want to battle the inevitable anymore. They want to go under their lily pad and slurp mayflies, not come out into the channel and thrash after your spinnerbait. (True, you did hook Charles L. all the way down to his gut with the Pit Bull stuff...but he's a kid among men - hardly befitting an angler of your skill).

So, short of graphic depictions of you jizzing on a 19 year-old puller's chin -while unarguably popular, that would clearly be beneath your dignity - what are you to do?

Here's my advice: you have to hit them on things they can _do_ something about - or FEEL that they can. Things they are not yet resigned to. Things where the burden of possibility still weighs heavily on them. Perhaps some subjects that "hit them where they live," issues where the sting of personal failure continues to land with an unwelcome crack.

Look what happens when you talk about FAT PEOPLE, for example. Look how worked up flylta got, when you conjured up images of his daughter and her activities. Remember a few months back when the one guy (I forgot who now) got foaming at the mouth over his daughter's narcotic addiction, threatening to hunt people down and beat them up. If you think about it, I'm sure you can come up with others.

I have confidence in you, Tron. Great careers often have "lulls." Every sports writer has his next "Has Tiger Lost His Mojo?" column stored on the hard drive, ready for immediate use. But Tiger always comes back, smashes that next Major, and shuts them all up.

I know you will do the same.

17. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Buzz, I am flat out impressed.

Now, do you have a good recipe for Ribs? Are they better when marinated or just rubbed with the right mix? Smoked or Grilled? Pork or Beef? Jake

18. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

Tron.........I think it is still working. We did not hear from KATHY for a long time......Hope you are well in Silver Dollar heaven Kathy, or is that haven?......see ya in November

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.