1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

have gotten pain relief using DSMO?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Please give me your opinion on DSMO shoulder pain in muscles?

PM me please

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

All I know about it, was the rage in Fl for seniors--DMSO--is horse linamint--it is said to have bad effects on kidneys.

Phil

3. NMULTRARUNNER55

NMULTRARUNNER55 Member

DMSO (di-methyl-sulfoxide) will give you terrible breath also.

Steve Nunley
    Albuquerque, NM

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think they also mix regular powered aspirin with it when you apply it topically

Somehow it penetrates through the skin- directly to the point of inflamation

Supposedly those patches you buy do the same thing and are very effective

Gene

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

It use to be the thing to use for body builders/weight lifers (1970's). It's kind of gone out of fashion and gotten expensive. Although, I do keep a bottle of the stuff to put on my knees when they get to barking. It works. It's an old cure horse liniment that absorbs through the skin to reduce inflammation. Shortly after you put it on your mouth will taste like you've been chewing a big piece of garlic. As far as I know it doesn't hurt you, unless maybe you drink the stuff.

6. Mapper

Mapper Member

I too have used a bunch of it. I used it for joint pain(knees, like shot410).
    I don't know if it will work on muscles or not but it sure helped my knees. Now that I am retired, I just go sit down.

7. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

That stuff ain't no better than soaking what ails ya in a coal oil rag.

GneJ

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Paper mill workers here found out about it because after wiping down the rolls their pains were alleviated. They used it as a solvent for cleaning.

Sold at lots of roadside stands in AZ.

HM

9. illtrap1

illtrap1 Member

I have used DMSO about 20 years ago if you hit your finger with a hammer and put it on 3 to 5 minutes it works,Yes body builders use it they mix it with implants that you put in cattles ears feeders cattle to make them put weight on faster the pellets has steriods in them you boil it mix it up,then the DMSO comes in you mix it with the pellets so it goes directly into your bloodstream no needles, But DMSO by itself does take pain away it will burn for a little while but the pain leaves pretty quick,your tongue will turn a little white and dry and have a little taste not bad,My mom has reuhmatid artho and she tuned me on to it, What it is is a industry cleaning solvent,I have used it but I woudn't use all the time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.