1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HAUXFAN ITS STARTING TO FLOOD HERE TOO

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jackmitch, Jun 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

haux i spent 3 hours this after noon with some of waterloo's fine national guardsmen sandbagging around an electrical substation about a mile from my house. these young and not so young men are a very hard working team. after 3 hours this 54 year old was dead on his feet and these men had been going since 6:am with just short breaks. you waterloo folks and iowa falls folks should be very pround of them. they were'nt real talkative but very hard workers. we really appreciate there hard work and hope they get to go home to there families soon. things aren't looking real positive here right now but our levies are holding in the city right now. the place i work is about 50 feet from the levy so i'm hoping and praying for the best. the substation we were bagging at is only a few years old and the corp of engineers told them whjen they built it they should not have to ever worry about flooding. hope your water level is going down up there and everywhere else for that matter. floods suck. looking iffy as to my ability to make it to the state shoot this year but i'm keeping my fingers crossed.jackmitch

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I feel for you, Jack. We just went through the water stuff up here.

Hope you win and keep the waters at bay.

Our water has gone down considerably and most of our streets and bridges are back open again. Not all, but most.

Good Luck!

Hauxfan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.