1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hauling a shooting cart

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by dhwbailey, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

I am using a 5x10 utility trailer to haul my clays cart to various shoots. I travel up to 150 miles each way.
    I am trying to decide on whether to get a round nose or a V nose cargo trailer. It would provide better protection, security and convenience. My question relates to gas mileage. Which is better?
    I am using a Toyota Sienna to haul it.

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I think you should get the one that has liquid oil in the axil hub that you can see though and make sure there is oil in it before you start off every time and if needed be sure to get disc brakes over the old style drum brakes. Must have radial tires as well. Its a toss up on old style leaf springs and the new style. The new style has like a rubber band rapped around the axel and the hub rotates around the axel for the travel up and down. It is a very nice system and much smoother than the old leaf spring type. Only downside to the new on is when the rubber band snaps you are not going anywhere. The coils will let you know ahead of time that they are wearing out if you keep your eye out for rust or other damage. The oil filled hubs are great for long distance trailering. Hope I gave you something more important to think about in trailering. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.