1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hats off to Cabelas

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pointer, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pointer

Pointer TS Member

Dear web cops. This is shooting related, we all use Cabelas..for shooting stuff

My wife and I have Cabelas Visa’s. The # and exp date was compromised by a sophisticated system. I don’t know the details but it seems a number generator will shoot random card #’s with expiration dates at web applications that allow it. This one was hitting Match .com and the dice hit our card # and dates. Cabelas shut down the cards the moment it happened, no questions asked, then called to inform us. Very Impressive.

Down side.. if any of you want to play on Match.com (dating site) you can do it once, then Cabelas will call your wife

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"Down side.. if any of you want to play on Match.com (dating site) you can do it once, then Cabelas will call your wife."</i></blockquote>Say WHAT??

Keller

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Discretion is always the better part of valor....

Curt

FEAB9

4. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

The people that handle the Cabelas visa do a very good job. When I was pheasant hunting out in IA and tried to use my card I got a very polite phone call from them informing me of someone [me] using my card in a different state. Bill

5. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

That is my main card. Every time we go on vacation I call them, let them know when we'll be gone, what states we'll visit and when we'll return. They will ask if you're going to make any big purchases of jewelry,firearms ect. so they can watch for them or warn you and flag the purchase if they are not yours.
    If you do decide to buy a big ticket item it's just a phone call to let them know.
    A few years ago my son was going to Australia on his college break. He had everything set but found out his MasterCard was not good over there. There was less than a week before he left. I called Cabela's to see if theirs worked over there, it did and had my son added to my account. They sent the card to Australia and it was waiting for him when he arrived.
    They are a great company.

6. Unknown1

Since Cabela's isn't a bank, who issues/underwrites their cards?

Keller

7. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Cabela's owns it's own bank. "Worlds Foremost Bank"

8. Unknown1

9. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Seems to me it's all about dead beats and how the bank tried to collect.
    If you can't manage a CC you should not have one.

10. qshooter

qshooter Member

1% charge on out of country transactions,Am Ex 2-3%

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I hear Cabela's hired the Breakleg Charley Collection Agency.

HM

12. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Also I get a 2% rebate that I can use on Cabela's purchases and no yearly charge. Can't beat it! It bought my Christmas present for my wife last year, no small item. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.