1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hastings on a Comp 1100

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim Porter, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

I like the comp 1100 but would like to have a higher rib. Does anybody know if a Hastings barrel work? I know the comp is set up for lighter pressure loads and if the Hastings has regular ports, would it damage the comp?I think this would make a very nice package. I wish Rem would offer a higher rib to go with this gun. Us fellows with long necks have a tough time with low ribs.

2. shaner

shaner Member

jim why not have the rib added to the barrel you have and get it fitto you? several ways and companies to do the rib work?

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Jim,

Seems to me that Tron did one up for someone. It wore a Hastings barrel, Jack West stock and forearm, and a Timney trigger. It was a pretty cool gun. He posted pic's, but it's was a couple of years ago.

As I reall, it was quite the shooter.

ec90t

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Sorry for the double post. The system kicked me out and then reposted.

ec90t

5. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Older Rem Factory 1100 , std. contour, barrels fit and function fine on the Comp. The Hastings barrel should do the same.

Ken

6. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Here's an 1100 I just finished. It has 1/2" high add-on Delrin rib, added to the factory fixed full trap barrel, 4 way adj comb and butt plate, all work done by Dave Berlet. His work is second to none!!

7. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Also, a Timney adjustable precision trigger is added, along with an action release from shotgun sports..I am very happy with the newly revamped 1100...

8. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

another shot of the rib

9. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

10. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

see if I can get this correct...My first time posting photos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.