1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hastings High Rib 870 Barrel ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Eric Mirosavich, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric Mirosavich

Eric Mirosavich Member

Has anyone contacted Hastings regarding a high rib barrel comparable to their high rib 1100 barrel?

I love shooting my 1100 with the high rib barrel, but am getting tired of cleaning it. Too many moving parts.

The simplicity of the 870 is really attractive. Coupled with a quality high rib barrel similar to the 1100 would make it a perfect trap gun.

Any ideas/information?

Thanks
    Eric

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I wish I had better news for you, Eric, but as of last week, Hastings had no plans to make those barrels for 870s. They are four to six months behind in the production of the 1100 version - Shotgun Sports Magazine is out of stock and does not expect to receive any until at least February.

I'm working on them regarding the 870 barrel but not having much success.

Ed

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

For what it would end up costing you...you could get an old plain 30" full choke barrel for chump change and let Moneymaker put one on exactly to your height specs

4. Eric Mirosavich

Eric Mirosavich Member

Calvin, I thought about that. I figure the Hastings barrels would be approx $300. I'd have $200 into a overbore fixed full Remington barrel and $400 into a Moneymaker rib. I'm sure it would be a wonderful barrel in the end, but I dont know if its worth it.

My 1100 Hastings barrel is great, it flat out smokes targets from the 16 to the 40. I've got confidence in Hastings. As you know, trap shooting is 99% mental.

I guess I was optimistic about Hastings actually responding to demand.

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

It would still be worth trying Eric...you know if you had a change of mind that you would not have any trouble selling that barrel here

6. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I'd love it if they would come out with a high rib barrel for an 1187 too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

870 high rib trap barrel