1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hastings 1100 Trap Barrel

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Lyndon Shumaker, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyndon Shumaker

Lyndon Shumaker Member

Has anyone bought the Hastings 1100 trap barrel from shotgun sports? I'm thinking about trying one.

any comments appreciated.

thanks
    Lyndon Shumaker

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Lyndon, you'll have a reply to your email (including photos) later today. Right now, the wife wants to go out for breakfast!

Ed

3. FPBristol

FPBristol TS Member

I have a couple of them and find that they are target crushing machines. A bit pricy now, but nevertheless a great barrel.

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

They are awsome. pricey is a relative thing I guess as if you wanted to have a 1/2 inch rib added to your barrel it would cost 300.00 dollars plus freight to do it right. The Hastings barrel comes with it already done! Jeff

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

lyndon shumaker

Just take note, that if you are going to install it on a "Classic Trap", you will need to have the extractor cut widened for the 11-87 extractor it uses. You may also have to modify the forearm wood, since the barrel is not really a "target" contour like the original. Be sure to gauge the barrel as well. A friend ended up with a standard bore of .729" instead of the advertised .740". He put extra money into the barrel for the wire shell catcher, extractor slot widening, and installed some sights on the rib. He got a replacement barrel with the .740 bore and had to do it all over again. I think they have resolved that issue, but you never know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.