1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HASSELBLAD EXPERTS-FANS

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by gdbabin, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I have a 500EL/M body, and several other Hasselblad items. Do we have anybody who knows about these?

They were by grandpa's and have been in my possession since the early 80's.

Before I let them loose on Craig's list I thought I'd test the waters here first.

Will provide pictures upon informed and serious request.

Guy Babin

2. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=hasselblad+500+el%2Fm&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Check out Ebay link above.

3. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Isn't a Hasselblad the type of camera one of the astronauts let go of and is still floating aroind in space? My brother used to be a photographer in early 70's and H's were the bomb back then.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Hasselblads are excellent cameras, but fewer and fewer people are into medium format.

I shoot medium format, but I use a different system.

5. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

If I were you 'd find a Hasselbad forum on the web and post it there. Also, antique camera forums etc.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

6. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Jerry,

I don't know if one got let go in space, but I do know Hassies made it to the moon and took those famous photos we've all seen.

I shall check out the camera sites and all the rest. Just wanted to see what interest was here first.

Guy B.

7. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Guy: I would certainly do my homework before I just sold that camera to the first $5 that came along.

Of all the cameras that exist, Hassleblads were among the best ever made. And they are still up there even though they would be considered obsolete by many. Many people still shoot film, and they still want cameras like this.

A little known fact is that every part from every Hassleblad camera will fit every other Hassleblad ever made. Most all were completely mechanical so they don't just go away.

I would bet they even have electronic "backs" for them now to keep up with the times. They had a variety standard 2 1/4" film backs and they had Polaroid film backs, so the posibility of an electronic back is not too much of a stretch. They also had many many lenses for them and they are worth good money used too.

I would also bet that camera is worth way more than you think. Time to research and find out exactly what you are dealing with before you give it away and find out you screwed up!

Ebay is one place to look, but I bet if you do some web research you'll come up with Hassleblad friendly sites, which would be the place to offload your item for the best possible price.

This is something you need to know more about before you commit and error you would regret.

Randy

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Guy, try this site. When I moved a bundle of fine Nikon gear I noted the "expert" rating my gear was going to this site for values. Otherwise, much of Randy's comments are just as I remember about Hassleblads.....breakemall

http://www.keh.com/

9. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Thanks for the great info all. I'm learning all I can before I do anything.

Here are some pictures of what I have. No lens.

Guy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Joe G. NJ

Joe G. NJ TS Member

Guy, those cameras are pretty much work horses. Unfortunately everything today is digital and a lot of interest in film cameras has fallen off.

Maybe you can go to the above website and check out their used camera department. They always have Hasselblads there for sale. It might give you an idea what they are going for.

This store is in New York and is one of the top camera dealers.

Good luck.
    Joe G.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.