1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Has this happened to you?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Straight99, Jun 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Straight99

Straight99 Member

I have done this more than I like to admit. One day I can shoot 100 straight in practice, the next day at a meet I shoot a 90. I think it is all in the mind. Getting a good score when it counts is hard for me. Like one of my trap friends says,"its 75% visual and 100% mental. Glenn

2. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Probably happened to most of us at one time or the other. I assume that is a Gold E, not to matter, but I can't shoot one of those guns as it is so light on the nose. Especially if you came from an older 680 series, lots of difference in them, have to learn to "put the brakes on", smooth.

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

It is called Oldphartitis! We all go thru it at times.

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

It,s called trying to hard just look at the target a shoot it .

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Keybear,

You hit my problem right on the nose. The problem is that it compounds itself. The more you mis the harder you try. The harder you try, the more you mis. I usually have to walk away(unless at a shoot)and do something else for a bit.

ec90t

6. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

Keybear and ec90t are right on. Many, many times when you are trying to focus, as soon as you are firing, you slightly raise you head to see if the target broke...trying so hard, you want RESULTS...and you sneak a peek to see if the target broke. This results in a lost target by raising your head. Easy to do - and we all do it. Try to tell yourself to keep your head down and not 'sneak a peek' - believe me, the scorekeeper will let you know if you broke the target or not. Best Regards, Ed

7. lumper

lumper TS Member

You were shooting a new gun? Possibly a gun your not yet used to or maybe you need to get used to the new gun ... either way go and shoot some more rounds with it and get familiar with that new gun.

8. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

You might want to look at your mental game. Check with Lanny Bassham. He has several excellent books and CDs on Mental Management. He was an Olympic gold winner in Munich and holds multiple world records. Todd Bender swears by him.
    I have several of his CDs and they are great. You can plug one in the CD player on the way to a shoot. Really helps! Bob - Dallas, TX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.