1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Has some of you guys had a G2 Shockmaster?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tarheel, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tarheel

tarheel Member

Have some of you guys had a G2 Shockmaster?

It is Air operated,just wonder how they work,if some one is using one I sure would like to have your take on it,Please?

Many Thanks You mau email me if you like tarheel1@ctc.net
    Tarheel

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

My favorite recoil reducer stock. Most variable stock for light to heavy loads by using the air pump. It can set it up anyway you like. There are cheaper units out there but in its price class it is my favorite. Jeff

3. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

My wife will not shoot without it, and she is a pretty good shot. I had one installed in 1993 by Wendell Schroll and not a problem ever on her BT99. I have also shot the gun and it is much better than the hydro coil I had on my gun at the time.
    I don't think you can go wrong with one.

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

If they had an adjustable LOP (other than changing pads) it would be perfect. I had one and liked it a lot, but I like Ken Ruckers Bump Buster just as much and it is half the cost and is adjustable for LOP.

No need for the comb to slide as the Bump Buster only travels about a 1/4".

ss

5. porky

porky TS Member

IF you give Mike the correct LOP it will be without a doubt the best you could buy. There are others out there, but ewhen people try my gun with the G2, they tell me that they like it better than theirs and that includes PFS,etc.

6. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I have had one on my clays gun (Beretta 390) for 10 years now. Absolutely the best money I have spent. I had it installed on a fitted stock. They used the stock's wood for the comb (costs extra as I recall). He made me several spacers to get to my LOP (16.5") so I could vary the LOP. I have shortened it a few times but always end up back at 16.5". Most of my other guns are on the long side (15.5" to 16.5").

I shoot mostly 7/8 ounce and 1 ounce loads for clays so I run only 75 psi in the cylinder. I believe you can run up to 125 psi in it for heavier loads.

Jim Skeel

7. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I have had on on my TM1 for about 6 years. I especially like it because of its low weight. The whole unit only added 3 1/2 oz to my stock. It does work nicely at recoil reduction & offers the ability to regulate for heavy loads.

8. mort1

mort1 Member

Ahoot bunker trap and have one installed on my Beretta ASE 90 for at least the last 10 years. Love it. Takes the sting out of those heavy loads. Michael at G Square is great.

9. MorgMeister

MorgMeister TS Member

Every video i've seen of Olympian Kim Rhode shows her shooting a G2 Stock!
    Morg....

10. MOP

MOP Active Member

Does anyone have contact info for G2?

11. Barry

Barry Member

Phone
    760-788-8888
    760-788-8887 Fax
    Email (Use form below or send to michael@shockmaster.com)

12. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I have a BT-99 stock with a G2 shockmaster on it. Will sell for $350.

13. Rem Nut

Rem Nut TS Member

For my money I would get a "Clyde Slide" from Clyde Cameron of Lewiston ID. It is a similar system, but uses a spring instead of an air cylinder. I have shot one for years on my 90-T and I love it. One of the best things is the price, I think $300 now.

14. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Shot410ga, private message sent.

Robert

15. Joe McGorman

Joe McGorman TS Member

Shot410ga, is this stock still for sale. Would be interested if you still have it.

Joe McGorman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.