1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

has NSSA at San Antonio sold?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by pull!, Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pull!

pull! TS Member

we keep hearing that the property has sold for many many millions and that they are moving a few miles up the road

has anyone heard the REAL scoop?

Warren Dixon
    Wichita Falls, Texas

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Better tell my friends that are going to the world Shoot if it is.

HM

3. Wentez

Wentez Member

I live in San Antonio and shoot at the National Shooting Complex. I have heard a lot of things - lot of them BS. I believe the following to be correct. There is no active marketing of the property and no solicitation for offers.

Homebuilding and home sales in San Antonio are still very strong. Development property is being sold for unbelievable prices. Development of contiguous property to the South and across the road to the North is going on at a rapid pace.

I believe they received an unsolicited offer. When NSSA did due diligence in looking at the offer it turned out to be people that could not even provide a balance sheet backed up by a known auditor. Often someone will try to tie a property up for 6 months or so with an option and then sell the property for a big profit with only a little option money - I do not know if that was the situation here but there a lot of slicks trying to cash in on the increase of property values.

The Texas Trapshooters Assoc (TTA) has booked the place for our state shoot for the foreseeable future. NSSA has promised that if some sale materializes it would provide for a 2 or 3 year advance notice to the TTA.

Economics change, the world changes - I believe this to be correct info at this time.

Geo Wentz

4. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Plus it would cost several million dollars to clean up the lead, The facility is grandfathered in and cannot be closed due to noise. as it has been their since the mid - 60's
    Bob Roberts San Antonio, Tx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.