1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Has Newt

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by rpeerless, Sep 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Who has been watching Newt lately? I still like Newt even if he's a dark horse. Newt gets to the crux of the matter and in a nano second makes his points and some good ones at that. Newt brings wisdom to the debate and experience. Can he revive his political career? Is Newt wholly pro-gun and pro second Amendment? Has Newt got a chance?

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

He is most likely the toughest person of all the candidates, unfortunatley, the independents will not vote for him.

3. rpeerless

How can you speak for the Independents? What have you heard recently?

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

When I listen to Newt, I think Wow! This guy has the knowledge and ideas to be the man. I've watched the debates and think Newt has won or been at the top of all of them, but then after the debate is over I tend to forget about him. He needs to find some way to keep himself in the limelight.

He is supposed to be coming out with a new "contract for America". Let's hope that works.

Whatever the reason - most people agree with what he has to say, but Newt doesn't excite them or they don't like him.

Wouldn't you love to see Newt debate Ojackass. A real debate with no teleprompters.

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Newt is unquestionably brilliant and he's an excellent debater. But he's also morally bankrupt and completely unelectible. Do some research and you'll see what I mean.

-Gary

6. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Based on what I have read from those who have called themselves "independents" and what they have posted on this site before.

I am not trying to speak for Indies, just surmising based on past statements read.

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

You have to consider the evangelical right followers also. I would think that they would have a hard time voting to make him there candidate. Although, after Pat Robertson's Alzheimer's statements this past week, I would think that had to shake them up a little.

8. thunder

thunder Active Member

Would love to see Newt and Obama in a debate. Obama would have to have 50 teleprompters and Newt 0 and Newt would still win the debate. Obama not in the same class as Newt, but the people won't elect him.

9. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Once the adults are back in charge Newt needs to be in a prominent position in the next administration as he would add more knowledge than the entire Hussein administration brings to the table combined. Cain and Newt would suit me fine. I think before it's over Newt will be a plyer in some fashion.

10. thunder

thunder Active Member

I like Cain also except for his last 9 in taxes. A national sales tax won't work as all the politicians will keep making it higher until no one can buy anything. Best thing is to have the government balance their spending to 9% corporate tax and 9% income tax. Keep firing the suckers until they can live within their means of revenue.

11. rpeerless

Gary,

Some would debate that Newt is morally bankrupt because he 'cheated on his wife' while others might view Newt's change as a step toward more religious comittment. By this I mean that his new wife has brought Newt a convert to Catholicism to the Church. Conversion to Catholicism makes his first marriage void and his Catholic Church marriage sanctified.

Moving from a sinful situation that moves one away from God is a good thing. By accepting the Catholic Church and I do believe Newt is religious he is absolved of prior sins.

A theologian could explain it further and in depth as I have limited knowledge.

In the Church it is seen that Newt has found his way to Christ through the Holy Catholic Church and conversion to Catholicism is cause for real celebration. His new wife is blessed as well for bringing a convert to the Church.

12. GW22

GW22 Active Member

He switched religions because his latest mistress (current wife) was a hot young piece of tail. Square that in your mind any way you like. I don't need a "theologian" to explain it to me, LOL.

-Gary

13. rpeerless

Whatever, if you see Newt's wife that way. Don't know what his first wife looked like. Don't even know what his first religion was. If Newt survived all the steps he had to go through to convert, (it is not an easy task), he had to have real dedication or he would have said this isn't worth it and moved on. Conversion to Catholicism is not for the light minded or the faint hearted.

14. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Don't be a child. It's the same process as getting an annulment -- a couple of kangaroo interviews and a big check.

-Gary

15. rpeerless

Don't be a moron...it is not for you to judge another's love life. Or their religious commitment. That is unless you ascribe to the progressive. Ascribing to the progressive means that Newt's actions even if 'negative' would have little or no impact because there would be no consequence for his 'negative behavior'.

16. GW22

GW22 Active Member

LOL, I could give a rat's rear end about his "love life." I just don't like serial adulterers who preach religious values. Especially when their "religion" changes based on whatever tail they happen to be banging at the moment.

-Gary

17. rpeerless

Then you don't believe Newt has converted.

18. GW22

GW22 Active Member

No sh!t, Sherlock.

-Gary

19. rpeerless

But that's your problem not Newt's problem.

What rules do progressives play by?

20. GW22

GW22 Active Member

My problem, hell. I wrote the same fat check to get my own wife's annulment before we got married. I just don't pose for Holy Pictures.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.