1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

has anyone tried this product

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nutty1, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nutty1

nutty1 TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    check out this site www.the inhibitor.com they have some pretty cool items for sale steve
  2. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Read how it works (from the web site):

<blockquote>"The chemical compound used in The Inhibitor System is called VCI (Volatile Corrosion Inhibitor). The VCI slowly vaporizes into an enclosed area, placing an invisible barrier over a wide variety of metal surfaces. These vapors not only provide a great barrier, but they are capable of penetrating into the smallest cracks or crevices, rendering moisture and oxygen incapable of starting the corrosion process."</blockquote>

Might be useful for guns stored in closed safes.

3. mudbug

mudbug TS Member

Jan 24, 2007
    way back "in the day" we used a small block of camphor in a tool box to inhibit rust/corrosion. It may have been a "home remedy", but it sure seemed to work. I don't know if you can even find a block of camphor any more......
  4. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Well, if you want to believe their advertising AND if you want to believe that they actually tested the product before they wrote the ad, they seem to have most of the bases covered:
    <blockquote>"Whether you are a sportsman, homeowner, boat owner, camper or driveway mechanic, you will appreciate The Inhibitor’s many uses. It can extend the working life of almost any piece of equipment on your workbench, in your car, on your boat, or in your home.
    It can be used in:

* tool boxes<br>
    * tool chests<br>
    * tackle boxes<br>
    * gun cabinets<br>
    * guns<br>
    * gun safes<br>
    * safes

* collectible cabinets<br>
    * cabinets<br>
    * archery cases<br>
    * ammunition boxes<br>
    * golf clubs and bags<br>
    * door hinges<br>
    * battery connectors

* musical instrument cases<br>
    * camping gear<br>
    * marine boxes<br>
    * power tools<br>
    * hand tools<br>
    * locks<br>
    * fuse boxes<br>
    * thousands of other uses<br>
    * and much more!

And it’s easy to use — just place the cartridge in your golf bag or tool chest or slide it into your shotgun chamber (use it like a snap cap and get protection too). Or place your firearm into The Inhibitor reusable gun shield. Or wipe your metal surfaces clean with The Inhibitor wiping cloth. It’s that simple."</blockquote>
  5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Jan 29, 1998
    Prairie State
    At the Shotshow last year, I picked up a few samples - the ones I use are like cardboard impregnated - I placed a couple rectangular pieces into my gun case - as a precaution, seems to work, replace them quarterly.

Jay Spitz
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.