1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone tried tapes on concentration

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I have been shooting a long time as most of the older shooters know, since 1968 am 69 years old now. I have been losing targets due to loss of concentration, every target I miss is due to losing my concentration, mind wondering, and thinking ahead.

A shooting friend gave a cassette on concentration, started listening to it last night for the first time.

Hope it works for me.

Was wondering if anyone else has tried it and what results you got.

Gary

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have some and was going to try them but I forgot where I put them.

Ed Yanchok

3. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

Concentration is not thinking of anything....

4. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I bought the CD entitled "What Every Trap Shooter Should Know First About The Mental Game" by Lanny Bassham, and I believe that it did help me, but only after I was able to put what he taught into my trap-shooting sub-concious, rather than my concious, mind. Some people will benefit from these aids, but some will not. The first step is to admit that once your skills and technique have progressed as far as they can be, trap shooting is a mental game. A Zen perspective, if you will. Good luck.

LA in MA

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

This isn't intended to be cynical but I listened to a couple of them and they were boring as all get out. They made money for somebody. They did nothing for me.

MK

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I also believe thinking of nothing works best.

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

About 30 years ago. Subliminal trapshooting tapes. I played them at night, and they sounded like ocean waves. I have no idea if they worked. in the 1980's that type of learning was the big thing. Learn while you sleep. At one time they were for sale on cassettes. I haven't seen them in years.

8. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

I tried to listen to them, but I got distracted.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

shot410, I have one of those tapes but I can't find it. I was going to rip it and put on my Ipod for a new tryout.

HM

10. warren

warren Member

I have trouble concentrating on concentration.

warren

11. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

I have listened to Lanny Basham, Tony Robbins, and a few others. What I found was that after repeated listening, it gave me insight into how the human mind works, either successfully, or unsuccessfully.I have had great success when I've been able to keep the conscious mind occupied on simple tasks, while the subconscious mind goes about its business, which is break targets regardless whether I'm practicing or shooting for big $. The whole idea is to get the conscious mind out of the way, because it is merely the mother-in-law shouting orders from the back seat. I like to call the feeling I get when I'm shooting well a state of "relaxed focus." We've all been in "the zone," but I think the better shooters have the ability to stay there for greater periods of time. Just my two cents worth...

12. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I am listening to a tape on concentration, I am in a trance, and it is saying "you are wasting your money". Seriously, I knew Vic Reinders and I often asked him why he had success in shooting? Vic would tell me that most shooters miss targets from the neck up. One day, I asked him how do you stay focused and not get nervous when you are shooting, especially when you have a good run of targets going? He told me if he felt he was getting nervous and or he was day dreaming while on the line, he would put his head down, not look at anybody's targets and constantly say the word "NO" until he heard the shooter before him getting ready to shoot. He felt by saying the word, NO, NO, NO, you can't possibly think of anything else and it put him back on track. Vic was different than a lot of people, but one thing most everyone will admit to is that he was one hell of a good shooter in his day. Just look at the record books.
    Steve Balistreri

13. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

I listen to music some for cocentration, check out www.solitudes.com

Terry.

14. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

410ga I had one of the ocean waves years ago I listened to it all the time, what I did do was buy a new bass boat, and fishing gear.

I am giving this tape a shot. No pun intended.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

15. windyflat

windyflat Member

I-tunes has a bunch of different stuff on focus and concentration along the lines of what Terry listens to.

Tom

16. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

I had one yrs ago.Subliminal ocean waves that was supposed to make you concentrate. After using it the guys on the trapline started asking me why was I waiting so long to shoot. They said the bird was beginning to fall before I shot. My scores went to hell. I used to be a pretty fast shooter without noing that I was. I don't know what was on that tape but I had one heck of a time getting back to where I was. I think the tape was by Okaye. I still have it some place and hope I never find it.
    I'm not trying to discourage someone from trying them but the scare the heck out of me.

17. Landshark

Landshark Member

When I quit trying to concentrate, my scores went up.

18. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I always wanted to try shooting trap on Ritalin!

19. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

It does and can work, just not for everyone. I don't have as much faith in any tape as I do in working directly with a sports hypnotherapist. I worked with one many years ago for playing pool. I paid for a new TransAm in one year. But like anything else, not use it, you lose it. I probably could not afford to use one today. I know that several top pros in pool and golf use them regulary. Tiger needed one for something besides golf though. "Tiger, keep it in your pants", over and over.
    All kidding aside. Not too sure about tapes, but know of the other.
    Nubs Wagner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.