1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

has anyone tried maguires cleaner/wax

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nutty1, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nutty1

nutty1 TS Member

just wondering if anyone uses mcguires cleaner wax on gunstocks i just used it on my pick up and it does a bitchin job it has a little cleaning compound and a little wax easy on/off just curious steve

2. K-80 Jim

K-80 Jim TS Member

Don't use it on your gun stock. It may damage the finish and irritate your face as well. When it gets wet you may not be able to hold on to it.

Shoot well,

Jim

3. jappo

jappo TS Member

I've used bowling alley wax on a lot of my stocks for protection for years and never had any problems. It protects well. Sometimes it's kinda hard to find these days though.

4. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

There is no problem using Meguires. That's what I always use. I'm glad you got good results.

Jerry

5. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Good product on vehicles, never tried it on stocks.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

6. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

I don't think its ever ranked that high in Consumer Reports tests.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have seen stocks that were done with Bee's Wax and have to tell you there is nothing to compare it to ... The problem is you have to build it up and after several coats its simply amazing, and its all natural also ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Works great on my 71 El Camino.

9. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Birchwood-Casey sells stock wax which is just bees wax in a thinner. Works great but you'll find both Tre-Wax and Butcher's Dark Wax work as well and cost a heck of a lot less. Most hardware stores carry one or both in their floor care dept.

Mike

10. Jack Daniel

Jack Daniel TS Member

Meguires used to be top quality stuff. Lately they've gone commercial (cheap) and quality is quickly eroding. While still o.k., there are much better products out there.

11. LadyDustM

LadyDustM TS Member

Big Fan of Mcguires on my Porsche. Would not even consider it for my gun. What are you thinking, Man?

12. nutty1

nutty1 TS Member

lady dustem, the reason i used the cleaner wax on my perazzi stock and forearm is the factory finish is a dull satin finish so the cleaner part of this application helped remove the dullnes and if for some reason iscrewed it up i was going to send it out for a strip and re-finish in a much lighter stain anyway so i figured i had nothing to lose, now it sure is shiney but is still is a little on the dark side but i thank you for your concern steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.