1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone tried Deadbird brand Shot?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by w762nato, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. w762nato

w762nato Member

I was looking for shot bargains and ordered some from Deadbird http://www.deadbirdshot.com/
    has anybody else tried this?
    Jan

2. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

I just wonder who closes their website down because of too much business! I think I will pass on this one.

3. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

I just clicked onto it and its reclaimed shot. It should be alright. All it is is a mix of shot that is shot on the range.

4. RickyI

RickyI TS Member

Well,
    I have been using his shot for a while now, and it's good shot.....
    it's not as shiney as my store bought shot, but it breaks targets/clays without the shine.....when shot was 40.00 a bag or higher, it was a very good deal, just as it is now!
    I believe Jim wasn't prepared for the floods of orders he got when he put up the web site and started taking orders..... Like most of us, he has a full time job too, that takes care of his family......which Deadbird Shot might become another full time job for him real soon! ;-)
    Sorry Jim, no more shooting time for you my friend......

RickyI

5. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Sorry for the negative post. I just thought it sounded like maybe some kind of scam if someone closed their website because of too much business.

My apology, Mark Rounds

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Very Nice Mark, not many would have apologized. It is not that important that we make mistakes but what we do about it is!!

7. Hatshooter

Hatshooter TS Member

rest assured, Little Jim is a stand up guy.

8. chipking

chipking TS Member

Hydra It is not reclaimed shot. Little Jim sells 2 types of shot Remanufactured (reclaimed shot cleaned,melted down and made into new shot) and recycled ( wheelweights melted down and made into new shot) His website is a little confusing about the size shot available it is 7 1/2 or 8 or 9 not a mix. I am getting a bag of 7 1/2s and a bag of 8s every month of the recycled delivered to my door. As for the website shut down Little Jim just posted his first ad (I believe) on Shotgunworld.com and received a huge amount of orders. He posted that he plans to get caught up by the 27th and will reopen the site then. Good shot and a good price. Now if he would just stop that skeet shooting and come play with us ;o)

--- Chip King ---

9. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

What does he charge for the shot and for shipping?

10. w762nato

w762nato Member

Thats great to know sometimes you pays your money and takes your chances most times its a great experience. Looking forward to trying this shot myself. Maybe its trainable to crush targets if I do my part.
    Thanks again Jan

11. RickyI

RickyI TS Member

timb99,

please don't quote me, but i believe it was 50.00 for 50 lbs. to your doorsteps by USPS.... my little ole maillady has not be happy with me for a while, since I have been ordering from Jim....

Just to tell you how a good person Jim is, We have talked though emails & on the phone, but not in person....
    He emailed me last night telling me that he was senting me a small check back because he had lowered his price on shot & since I had been buying at the higher price, he felt I needed to be paid back...... not many folks/companies would have even though about that, much less, send a check back......

I believe he is a very nice down to earth person, who enjoys the same sport of shooting that we do.....

RickyI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.