1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone shot CURRY SHOT from Ca.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Has anyone shot the Curry Mag shot or Hard Shot made in California, and is it still being made by them, I saw a pic of the Bag that was purchased in a Storage unit that was bought, and it raised my curiousity.

Some of the best shot I have ever seen and shot was BLACK DIAMOND sold at Vandalia and Missouri Fall Handicap, I believe they have quit making it.

I cannot remember the person that was responsible for making it, he was from out West.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

The Curry shot that I've seen is nothing to get very excited about. I've got a bag of it sitting in my garage. Not very concentric and not well graphited. The best shot I have ever seen is Black Diamond, of which I have a pile of sitting in my garage. A friend and I got a load of it before they reportedly went out of business years ago. It was my understanding that the regulators went after them and it was not cost effective for them to make the changes to stay in business. I believe they were out of Utah. The bags are sealed with the neat wire fasteners. Bob

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Black Diamond shot was made in Ventura California by Larry Scott. EPA and California laws drove him out of State to St George Utah where he continued to make great shot till he sold the business.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Isn't Curry shot made in India? ........ Get it?

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Barry, I thought it was Curry powder, not shot that came from India. LOL

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Maybe that's it. He he.

7. LDAddi

LDAddi TS Member

We used to get it here in Komifornia from time to time ('80's), haven't seen any for years, was always considered the low grade stuff when we were getting West Coast Shot routinely from Oregon. Everyone would use Curry for singles and doubles and West Coast for the caps...Curry was soft, ugly and cheap at the time.

Larry