1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone shot a Beretta UGB 25?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Desira F., Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desira F.

Desira F. TS Member

Has anyone shot a Berretta UGB 25? What do you think of them?

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah now I remember.

This question has been asked a couple of times on this forum within the last couple months. Perhaps you could do a search on this site and see earlier posted opinions.

3. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

If every question was answered by a search know body would have anything to talk about on here. Not using the search function creates good conversation. Burn it!

4. Rick Barker

Threedeuces.............well you can just see how many posts have been added to this most recent one. You and I are the only ones who have offered an answer to the question. Neither of us were able to answer it on a first hand experience basis, and you did not like mine.

5. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I have not shot or handled one so I am not the guy to ask. I am sorry if I got under your skin. For some reason when someone says do a search it gets under mine. It's a talk forum.

6. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i ve shot a couple cases threw one- give it a chance- not many shooters like unconventional guns. there is only 2 things i dont like- the lever pushes hard for a young/small shooter and i cant catch the hulls. but it really does shoot well!!

7. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

I shot a new demo at a local state shoot. Loved the way it handled and fired. Great balance and feel to me. The only negative to me is the fact that is kicks hulls out on the ground...my club wants you to pick up empties, plus I save my AA's for friends to reload.

Bending over and picking up hulls does a number on my back. Someone suggested a "feedbag" shell catcher for the UGB...would get real interesting when the bag started a'swingin...

bluedsteel

8. Rick Barker

bluesteel,
    Well, I guess you could say your gun has a pair.

threeduces
    You did not get under my skin, it's just no one was answering the post and this was not the first time I saw it from Disera F, no one provided an answer when the question was posted almost a week ago. I have not had the ability to try one either. It seems that people either love them or hate them and I have seen all kinds of answers about the guns' kicking or not kicking.

9. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

"Has anyone shot a Beretta UGB 25?"

I have, at a demo shoot.

I broke every target I shot at with it ay 16 yards, it seemed to fit me well.

However, I would not be interested in one for my own use.

I felt more recoil than I come to expect from an autoloader.

Since you can't load more than one shell at a time on singles, you must break the gun open, like an o/u or sbt for each shot. The lever is on the left side and the breech end of the barrel is a bit of a reach, through "the machinery" to get a shell into.

An o/u is easier to load and lest you keep both empties on doubles, the UGB 25 does not.

Everything else you can shoot trap singles with can easily be set up to let you retain your empties, the UGB 25 can't.

For the price, I did not care for the non-traditional materials used in the receiver.

10. GSPBirdDog

GSPBirdDog TS Member

I shot one at the very last grand american in Vandalia,OH....They were still in the development stage...It was comfortabe and balanced...I really bought into it and ordered one back then....but canceled my order a year later...got tired of waiting!

11. waynewash

waynewash Member

I'VE SHOT THE GUN TWICE WITH MY AREA BERETTA REP. THE GUN FUNCTIONS WELL, RECOIL IS MINIMAL, SHOT AT 16YARDS AND DID WELL. IM A LEFTY AND THE GUN WAS NOT SET UP FOR ME BUT WOULD PROBABLY BE FINE DUE TO THE NUMBER OF POSSIBLE ADJUSTMENTS. ALSO SHOT HANDICAP AND DOUBLES, GUN PERFORMED WELL. THE SPEED OF EJECTION AND 2ND ROUND FEEDING IS ASTONISHING. I DID NOT BUY THE UGB AS I DID NOT LIKE PICKING UP THE EMPTIES. THE PRICE OF THESE GUNS IS ALSO ALL OVER THE PLACE, IF YOU DECIDE TO BUY ONE CHECK THE VARIOUS ONLINE WEBSITES. BARTS IN MARYLAND HAD A GREAT PRICE A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO. HOPE THIS HELPS.

12. Scala

Scala TS Member

I received my UGB25 in June 2009 and have been shooting Trap, SC, FITASC and Five Stand with it. My son, the Bunker shooter, liked it enough to forget to return it for several weeks.

I removed the plastic Beretta adjustable comb hardware and replaced it with a Gracoil kit. Very easy fit in 5 minutes. Now I can change the POI quickly and reliably.

The gun has the optional Beretta recoil reduction mechanism that installs in the stock. I have shot everything from 7/8 internationals to 1 1/8 trap loads and the only time it failed to feed the second round was with some Kemen shells made at their new factory in USA and which were improperly crimped.

Many people have shot it and most have remarked on the absence of recoil. I think that on this gun recoil is a function of fit and LOP, more so than on my OU guns. The stock is adjustable every each way so that getting a good fit is not an issue.

I like it a lot but I can understand if somebody would prefer a Beretta 682 or a Zoli or Guerini for roughly the same price. It is not a pretty gun in the conventional sense but I far prefer it to conventional semi-autos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how many shots ugb25