1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone seen this also?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Scotchman, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scotchman

Scotchman TS Member

At a recent registered shoot I was squaded with another shooter that would close his 1100 action next to the release speaker causing it to throw a rock. It appeared to me he was wanting to see a rock just before he would call for his rock. At the very least he wasted 100 of that clubs rocks.

Thoughts?

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I've seen this done, while shooting doubles, by the squad leader. That way he got to look at a pair prior to shooting like the rest of the squad.

ec90t

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

If done every time? Then it could be a problem.

4. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Release the bolt on the report of the shooter before you. Nobody will even hear the bolt go home and it will never set off the voice release if done on the report of the shot.

5. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

Mr Newbius is right - close the action on report of shooter before and it will not trip a target - part of it is due to the reset delay built into the cycle of the trap machine -

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Never seen it done on purpose but we have had to explain how/when to close the bolt to a few people that didn't realize what they were doing. The 391 Berettas seem to set the CVRs off more than 1100s. Easy solution -- do what Newbiass/Lumper said.

7. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Like Wolfram says; My Beretta 390 seems to set them off much more than my 1100. Some CVR units are more susceptible too. Close it on previous shooters firing as mentioned. Being a release trigger user I do not try to slow the bolts forward motion/noise. With todays cheap ammo it needs a positive closing and not fumbling around the trigger area is always easier on my neighbor shooters nerves.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Hold the bolt handle back and let it down slow when you load the gun.

Anyone that can't comprehend that should not be shooting.

HM

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

just buy lifting the gun higher before hitting the release may do the trick also. or have the mics a bit further away from the 16y line or what ever yardage you are on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.