1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone seen or used the multicatch?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by darincraft, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darincraft

darincraft Member

I found this while searching around. Has anyone seen it, used it? Or is there another product out there that functions similarly? I was going to buy the T&S from a guy here, but I can't use it for doubles, this multicatch you can.
    Thanks
    Darin

[​IMG]

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Darin--Go to the "Search" section at the top left of the page and click on it. Then put "multicatch" in the Google search at the top of that page. It will bring up previous threads on this device. I didn't read them all but perhaps you can get some good info there.

Matt

3. darincraft

darincraft Member

thanks, I still can't get used to the strange format of this forum. Didn't even know there was a search here.

4. grntitan

Well i don't do real well with it but there is one. I have been on here several years now and i've only started figuring it out. Its on the page where the threads are listed. I've found the top Google search is the best one.

P.S. Let me know what you find.

Matt

5. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

I am wondering how a smoking shell to the immediate right of my master eye is going to help me see/hit the second target in doubles. Ron

6. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

The same way it will with a wire type shell catcher.

I think this multi catch is pretty cool.

Now I need Tron to help me get a 390 or 391 to use it with!

Kenny Uhlbeck

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I've been using one for a while. I haven't shot any trap doubles with it yet, but I use it on our 5-stand where you load two shells for every shot.

It works just like the video shows. If you fire one shell, it's just like a regular shell catcher. For shooting two shells, when the bolt closes for the second shot it pushes the first hull forward to make room for the second hull.
    Then you just remove both hulls.

I don't save my empties, so what it does for me is I don't have to pick up all my empties and throw them in the garbage. If you reload, obviously it's even better.

I think a lot of shooters haven't got one yet because they think the $100 price is too high. Also it's not the prettiest thing to put on your gun.
    But I think $100 is cheap for the first real two shot shell catcher ever (except for that one stupid one with a bag they had years ago.)

8. darincraft

darincraft Member

Found one thread that one guy responded saying he had it. He said it worked, but didn't go into detail about the quality.

Thanks
    Darin

9. darincraft

darincraft Member

Dick thanks for the reply, that was the information I was looking for. I am planning on using this gun for doubles, and maybe for clays so it will get a lot of use.

Thanks again
    Darin

10. grntitan

Darin--The post right above yours "dickgtax" uses one. Read it. Sounds like it works as designed and may be what you want.

You beat me to it. Good luck

Matt

11. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

I have "seen it" as the post asks for.

Have I used it yet?

No- they only make it for the Beretta.. I think they should expand the line..

Kenny Uhlbeck

12. 391dave

391dave TS Member

I have one on my 391. So far so good but I only have four rounds through it so far. It seems to work as advertized. I don't notice the hulls sticking out when shooting doubles and it saves the person next to me from being pelted. Dave

13. Dickgshot

One thing I forgot to mention is that you can take it off or put it back on in about 5 seconds. Also, If you want to remove the two little plastic bases
    it attaches to, that's pretty quick, too. It's double stick tape, and it comes off without leaving any residue or hurting the blueing at all.

I tried it on a couple different 391's.

14. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Dickgtax, do you think it would work with an 1100? What makes it so specific to the Beretta?

Bryan

15. jhoward

jhoward Member

Looks like you have to remove the bolt handle? How do draw the bolt back with the device in place?

16. Dickgshot

It won't work in an 1100. The parking handle replace the 391 bolt handle, and, of course, wouldn't fit an 1100. Also the dimensions and timing of the mechanism are specific to the 390 and 391.
    They might make one for an 1100 one day, but right now, it's just for Berettas.

17. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Go to the website link in the original post. This is pretty slick.

18. Dickgshot

jhoward: The parking handle doubles as a bolt handle.

19. darincraft

darincraft Member

I want one, but man it is F-ugly. Spend the money to have a nice gun only to strap a mouse trap to the side of it.

Guess I better order one, otherwise I'll have some guy claiming I dented his stock and broke his leg with flying shells....lmao, lol

20. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Darin, did you say you spoke with Multicatch regarding the 1100?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.