1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone seen any real bargains on trapguns?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Are there any real bargains on trapguns, looking for a Seitz, Kolar, K-80
    w/release triggers.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. missed some

missed some TS Member

lots of em, seitz is always a bargain, have seen a few under 8500, some under 8k

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Infinity's & Mach-ones are real bargains these days

Phil Berkowitz

4. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Seems to me that there a lot of bargains out there on high end guns. I have a very nice Mach One for sale on Trapshooters right now, priced at lot less than I have into it. gyrine

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I had to put down an Alfermann twice. I went and walked the grounds and came back again. I would have had to finance it and i hate doing that crap. Damn that thing was nice. Somebody had what looked like a custom stock on it and he/she must be my twin. It felt like it was part of my face. Hmmm i think its all i need to be a winner. Think the wife will buy that story????

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Ljutic's are cheap, but then again they have always suffered from terrible resale value.

ss

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The best buy for the money today is the Mach and Infinity. They are selling way too cheap in my opinion. The Ljutics are a good buy also. I suppose a Seitz or K80 are great guns but not worth that much to me. I would buy the Alferman first

8. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Bob Shultz has a couple of used Seitz's sitting in his trailer. I was there about 10 mins. ago.

blade819

9. Smoke 1

Smoke 1 Banned User Banned

Why does this sound contrary to what I have been reading that guns are a good investment? There was a beautiful seitz on here a week ago #68- that looked like a fabulous bargain. It might have been $8,500 dollars.

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Honestly I don't think any guns that are used in trap shooting could be considered an investment. There is always something new on the horizon. Money @ 5% will double in 14+ years. Does anyone out there have a gun they bought approximately 15 years ago. shot it and can now get double what they paid for it.

Phil Berkowitz

11. pdq

pdq Member

Ran200:

that Silver Sietz you saw for $8500? Given it is #68, it is probably approaching 15 years old. I doubt it cost that much new 15 years ago -- I don't know that for sure, but I'm basing my hunch on the fact that they are $12,400 new today.

Doesn't sound like it was killed on depreciation, so not a bad investment given someone has also gotten the enjoyment of shooting it over all those years.

Pete

12. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

635 G Phil I had a 870 TC Remington i bought in 1997 for $425.00 sold it 2 weeks ago for $675.00.

13. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

You could of bought a new MX2000 combo, Krieghoff, Kolar 9-10 years ago and probably get what you paid for it today or pretty close if you took care of it and still in very good condition. Can't buy one today and expect to get any where close to what you paid if you decide to sell it down the road. I think the days of rapid prices increases are in the past.

A good deal is a state of mind. If you think you got a good deal, you got a good deal.

14. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

A new Ljutic would be a disaster as an investment because of rapid depreciation. BUT- why not take advantage of that depreciation and buy a nice used Mono Gun. Many very nice samples available for $2500 to $4000. Ljutics are great guns that an average shooter would not wear out in two lifetimes and require little, if any, maintenance other than proper lube. And then they can be rebuilt reasonably and last another 500,000 rounds. These guns new today would cost eight to twelve thousand dollars depending on options. Buy one used and it should always return your money should you decide to sell. Marc

15. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

I think I would consider a Silver Seitz in good condition with Americase for under $8K a real bargain. I have seen one go for under $7K and thought that a steal.

16. Smoke 1

Smoke 1 Banned User Banned

Pete, that seitz was a current model 68 -(3 digit) that had only 2,000 rounds through it(if I'm not mistaken). Beautiful wood, adjustable rib etc... not a 15 year old gun. If someone swears a gun is a good investment please clarify, USED. A new gun in my estimation is not a good investment. Why would anyone pay close to new gun price when for a little more they can get...well, a new gun.

17. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Phil ---- help me out will you? Who is offering you a 5% per year return on your money for the next 14 years?

If you can hook me up and they won't limit what I can invest, I'll give you a like-new set of 20ga K-80 Sporting Barrels ---- for Freeeeeeeeeee!

18. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why everyone is talking about a bargain for a shotgun!!! They are the cheapest part of the game!!! Its the lead though the barrels and the orange targets that eat almost all of the money that trap shooting costs. Heck, If you buy any trap gun used and shoot it for 5 years you can get 95% of your money back if not make a few dollars. Try that with a car, truck, boat, golf clubs, you name it!!! Even if you buy a brand new trap gun and sell it for a few thousand less over a 5 year period (real high end gun) thats not anywhere close to what you would lose on a car or boat. You would lose that, just bring the car, truck or boat off the lot in a single day. So I guess what I'm tring to say is that all trap guns are a real bargin after all. Just my 2 cents. Break-em all. Jeff

19. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Two kinds of buyers out there. A want or a need and 99% are "Want Buyers".
    I do not think there is a trap gun made that is considered investment grade or quality. Lot of nice ones, but not for investment purposes.

20. cpd544

cpd544 Member

I actually have been thinking about trying to trade my three revolvers for a good SBT or O/U but maybe I should hang on the the revolvers. I have two Colts, Python, and King Cobra, and a Smith model 629 and the hold their value pretty good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.