1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone purchased a Browning 425 O/U Trap?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tomc66, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomc66

tomc66 Member

Has anyone purchased a Browning 425 Over-Under Trap gun sold by Millers Guns? I understand he has Browning make a special gun for them. If you purchased one, are you satisfied and pleased with the gun?

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I was under the impression that Miller's Special 425's were sporting clays models only.....

They are nice looking, but they are a Browning and in my opinion, grossly overpriced.

Curt (Delaware)

3. tomc66

tomc66 Member

They also sell a Trap model.

4. tomc66

tomc66 Member

5. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Grossly overpriced compared to what? Please give your thoughts. Thanks.

6. chemist

chemist Member

I have a 425 , 20 gauge, 30 in barrels with chokes. I use them for sporting clays and have shot 3 rounds of trap with a full choke that I added. It is a light gun and moves well to the bird. I bought the gun used for $1 K and have been happy with the performance and feel. They are up to the 725 now so I do not know if 425s are still available as new . Hope this helps. Only the buyer of the item can determine what is overpriced.

Rich K- chemist

7. pufftarget

pufftarget Active Member

I have two 425 30" trap models I bought used, one for $1050 and the other for $1250. They had fixed chokes and .728 bores. I had a problem w/ one in that the bottom hammer axle support broke and I had to have Art's repair it as Browning voided the warranty because I had the forcing cones lengthened. Art's said it wasn't unusual as the part is thin and the nitriding process used on the receiver made the area brittle. Otherwise, I would put it up against anything else as far as value, and the fixed choke barrels handle altogether differently from a factory screw choke gun. I had one Briley choked and shoot bunker with it in lieu of a 30' FN.

Chuck

8. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

The Miller Special 425's are sporting from what I can gather. Click on the link.

Wayne

9. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

My 96 Browning catalog does not show any other 425's but a Sporting Clay model. Maybe a different year has one. break em all Jeff

Now on a side note: I almost bought one of there 425's in 2004, but bought the 525 instead. I'm glad I did as Miller is still selling that special run they had made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

425 trap

browning 425 trap gun

catalogo browning 425