1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone had problems w/Briley Choke tubes?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Has anyone had problems with Briley tubes being installed in a fixed choke gun?

Like tube keeps coming loose-pattern not where it is supposed to be, off center patterns.

Tubes shooting out of the Bbl.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I had Briley put some thin wall tubes in a BT99, (wifes gun) She didn't shoot very much, cleaned the gun as usual, but for some reason that Briley tube was left in there a bit to long and froze up solid, tried everything listed here or elseware I could look, traded the gun in, told the dealer the problem, said he'd fix it, don't know if it was ever corrected.
    You need to take them out, keep them clean and lubed.

3. Dr.Longshot

4. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

When I lived 2 hours from Brileys' plant, I had them install their chokes in 2 Perazzis and a K-80. Never had a problem, and the 2 Perazzis threw deadly patterns, very even.............Rob G.

5. txkpistol

txkpistol TS Member

I just got my 682 fixed choke barrel threaded by Briley. The barrel was not thick enough for standard chokes so my only option was thin walled chokes. Also had Briley port the barrel. It was an extra $ 95.
    The chokes are super thin and I was told that if I ever dropped one I had better not shoot it. Briley said that the choke would be distorted and could damage my barrel.

The threading looks different and feels different when installing the chokes. It’s almost a mushy feel when you put that last little bit of torque at the end to make it tight. I asked Briley about it’s when I was at San Antonio last week and they said that that was how it fit and felt. Also asked them about over torque-ing the choke and they didn’t seem to think I would have it as an issue.

As far as pattern……I worked with it a bunch. Different loads and chokes. The short answer is that it’s by far the best pattern I’ve ever experienced. With the modified choke it punches a perfect 30 inch circle at 35 yards. I have my gun set about 95% high. The pattern has perfect distribution top to bottom and left to right. It’s shoots dead on and where I want it to go.

Mark

6. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Have had many installed and have always been very pleased.

I also use there replacement chokes for my bird guns.

Tom Strunk

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Have thin-walls in my Superposed Broadway... all five fit well - 15 years since I had the gun choked.

Jay

8. RV4driver

RV4driver TS Member

I only have one...Full, no problems.

9. Dr.Longshot

Thanks for the replies, I am looking at a K-80 Un-single w/Briley tubes

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Isn't that an oxymoron, tubes being installed in a fixed choked? No wonder they shoot out?????????Wayne

P.S. I have never had any problems with Briley's,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

any problems with briley thinwall chokes

briley choke problem

briley choke tube problems

choke tube problems

is there any downside to briley thinwalls

problems with choke tubes