1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

has anyone had giacomo put together and make a gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BL350, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BL350

BL350 TS Member

Dear LTS,
    Yes. Giacomo built an MX-8 Special for me minus wood & reamed the chokes per my specs for doubles. Phil Simms did a custom palm swell stock and forend. Extremely happy with the craftsmanship. Took almost a year! I have put approx. 50K shells thru it. (Just redid locking block)Very happy with finished product & Giacomo's workmanship. Dan can do the same and does keep my TM-1 Special in fine shape. Don't think you will save any money building one this way especially with the 2010 barrel prices!!! Ask the price BEFORE you get in to this project. I think you can find a good used one and have it rebuilt by Dan. AND put some custom wood on it for less then the 2010 price.
    Respectfully submitted,
    ....Jet Boat Bill

2. joehunter

joehunter Member

He built a MX12 sporting for one of my good friends. He fit him and had the wood made by Perazzi in Italy. The gun was brand new looking and turned out great. He saved a good bit of money compared to a new gun.

I got a SC3 from him and he fit my barrels to it and had a great looking set of wood built, made to my specs.

Joey

3. loop02

loop02 Member

Dan did the receiver and forearm iron on the receiver I got from joehunter. I had some sporting barrels, they fit the new lock he put in. I haven't had time to finish my project. Dan will do the work as far as I am concerned. They have done several things for me,i.e rebuilt my Mx2000 twice. Giacamo did it the first time, and it was better than when it was brand new. Doug did the wood. People were amazed. Dan and Doug can fix you up

4. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Simply Put....You Want The BEST...FORGET the REST...Giacomo crew is The BEST !!
    Just One of Many..Satisfied Customers. Bart Reynolds

5. drywall 53

drywall 53 TS Member

Here are some pictures of a SCO GOLD Dan and Doug put assembled for me from a 1978 receiver and forend iron with a new barrel and wood. The gun is in like new condition. I couldn't be happier with the finished product, and saved a considerable amount of cash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.